How Much Does Sculptra Cost?

what's the average price/cost

Scuptra cost is slightly greater upfront cost, save thousands in the long run!

+3

After a complete assessment, a determination is made as to how many vials (bottles) and how many treatment sessions will be required. I have patients bring in photos of themselves from each decade which helps illustrate the progression and location of volume loss.

Most patients in their 30's and 40's need 1 vial per treatment and require on average 3 treatments, which are spaced 8 weeks apart. Older patients will require two vials per treatment session and sometimes require more more than 3 treatment sessions. A single vial is usually all that is needed every two years for a boost to maintain your results.

The cost for one vial is 1100 and if a second vial is needed, it is discounted to 800. On average, patients will spend $3300 to $4900 on their 3 treatments over a 4 to 6 month period. The upfront investment is higher than with other fillers but the results speak for themselves. Most patients are looking for value these days. Over the course of 5 years, you will save thousands of dollars by avoiding repeated injections of other shorter lasting fillers.

A word of caution. Do not base your selection of your Sculptra injector on price alone. Unlike injection errors with shorter lasting products, an error in placement with Sculptra can have negative aesthetic results for a few years due to its long duration of effect. Make sure your physician is among the "core specialists" i.e. a plastic surgeon or dermatologist. In addition, they should have extensive experience with the product. It helps if they are also clinical trainers for Sanofi Aventis, the makers of Sculptra.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra cost

+2

Prior to receiving FDA approval for lipoatrophy (loss of facial fat) due to aging, we charged $1200/bottle. We generally dilute a bottle with 6-7cc of sterile water and add 2cc of local anesthetic prior to dosing, so a bottle can generate almost 9-10cc of product, which can be used to fill cheeks and temples.

Since Sculptra was approved in 8/09, the price has been reduced by its manufacturer, Sanofi-Aventis, to promote its launch. We anticipate that the charge will be on the order of $750-800/bottle.

Important considerations include: a) nodularity can occur with all dermal fillers; b) Sculptra produces a gradual correction, and lasts at least 2 years; c) Sculptra has some "no go" zones, including lips, eyelids, marionette's lines and lower jaw; d) older individuals will experience slower correction as their biosynthetic capacity is generally slower; e) after 2 years, retreatment doesn't require the full course initially undertaken.

Cost issues aside, please consider your options carefully. There are many options and you should get full disclosure before undertaking any. Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD

Sculptra, Is it worth the cost?

+2

In my practice we charge $1000 per vial of Sculptra which doesn't tell you much unless you know how much you need. It does, however, give you a benchmark to work from.

In real practice we use it to add volume to the face in many areas and it is a very helpful alternative. It is a valid procedure that works well for loss of facial volume.

If I am planning an operative procedure, like a facelift or fractional CO2 laser I often use micro-structural fat grafting for this same application since I can obtain more volume and some of the fat (50%) should be permanent.

In general I use an 8 ml dilution for Sculptra. With fat grafting I may graft 20 to 30 ml in the face during a facial rejuvenation for the same price. Often fat grating may be combined with a mini-lift or facelift and fractional laser. When these are combined, truly excellent, dramatic yet natural looking results can be obtained.

If a patient is not interested in a surgical procedure, but still wants to add volume to the face sculptra is my first choice. Most patients will require at least 2 injections. If you are being asked to spend several thousand dollars on sculptra alone and have discussed possible surgical alternatives, I would advise this as it may give you a better result for about the same or only slightly more cost.

Remember, some doctors injecting sculptra are not trained to do the more complex facial procedures so their bias is to offer up sculptra and dermal fillers as the panacea for all facial aging. Don't fall into this trap as it can be a very costly mistake since Sculptra is not permanent.

David L. Mobley, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

How much does Sculptra cost?

+1
Costs for a Sculptra injections will certainly vary depending on your location. Things to factor in for the injection standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, and who is injecting it.  A range in price ~$800-1500/syrnge is not unreasonable. Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing result for you. Good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Sculptra Cost Auburn Alabama

+1
Our practice charges $750 per vial of Sculptra Aesthetic.  Each patient requires a different amount of sculptra to achieve their goals.  Sculptra is not a filler in the traditional sense.  Because Sculptra triggers your body to  make collagen, the results will be slow and gradual.  Many times it takes 4-6 weeks to notice any significant change.  This can be an advantage if you want to have a more subtle change.  

Trey Aquadro, M.D.
Auburn, AL

Ralph Trey Aquadro, MD
Auburn Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Sculptra

+1
Sculptra is initially more expensive than traditional fillers that provide immediate results.  The benefit of Sculptra is that the results will last up to two years after correction is achieved.  One vial of Sculptra is $1,000 and that one vial can be used on different areas of the face on the same treatment.  After 4 weeks all patients return for follow-up treatment.  It generally takes two or three treatments scheduled a month apart.  The number of vials depends on both the age of the patient and the amount of volume that needs to be replaced. 

Michele S. Green, MD

Sculptra Cost Per Vial

+1

Sculptra costs varies by geographic area and the number of vials used.  My practice typically charges around $700 per vial.  There are occasionally incentives from the manufacturer as well.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Much Does Sculptra Cost?

+1

Hi Dj,

The cost of Sculptra varies depending upon the skill, experience, artistic ability, and the geographic location of the injecting physician.  It may range anywhere from $600 to $1200 per vial.  Most practices give a discount when multiple vials are purchased.  Please the video reference below for further information.  Most importantly, choose your treating physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Sculptra is priced by the vial

+1

Sculptra is an FDA-approved facial "volumizer" that works by stimulating your own collagen production. Unlike fillers that treat discrete lines, Sculptra works to restore the volume of facial areas that have shrunken with age (e.g. cheeks). Sculptra treatments are done every 6 weeks or so until you are happy. Typically, younger people require fewer sessions (3-4 vials) while older folks require more (6-8 vials). From conversations with my colleagues around the country, Sculptra can cost as little as $650 or as much as $1000 per vial. In Baltimore, I charge $675.

Randolph Capone, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Sculptra Aesthetic

+1

Sculptra Aesthetic works much differently than other fillers. It helps your body create and regenerate its own, natural collagen, thereby giving a longer lasting result. Sculptra Aesthetic is proven to last up to 2 years, and can be injected to create global volume, rather than just filling in deep wrinkles. We price Sculptra by the syringe and by the vial - $100 per syringe or $700 per vial (8 syringes). Sculptra needs to be injected every 4 weeks for 12 weeks to get the optimal result.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD