Will These Sculptra Lumps Be Permanent?

I had 2 vials of Sculptura injected 5 weeks ago. I have developed a lump between the corner of my mouth and jawline (giving me a 'jowl' on that side) and 4 little lumps on the corner of my mouth and cheek. Does this mean I'll be prone to more lumps if I get more Sculptra? Is it likely that I'll develop lumps later? I'm also concerned that my face might not return to normal, and I'll end up permanently lopsided as time progresses.

This is why permanent implants are a bad idea.

+4

To Jenny12,

Hi! Sculptra is a long lasting but not permanent filler. This means that your undesirable bumps will NOT be permanent either. They will be around for a while but should be gone in 9 months or less.

There is no reason to think this will happen again. But I would try a different doctor, though.

An unfortunate Sculptra result

+3

Jenny,

I am sorry to hear that you have had such an unfortunate response to your treatment. Lumps/bumps do occur in around 6% of Sculptra treatments. The overwhelming majority of these bumps are not visible, but can be felt.

The occurence is extremely technique dependent and "technique" includes:

1. The preparation of the Sculptra material
  2. The actual injections
  3. The aftercare

In the United States, the manufacturer, Sanofi-Aventis, Dermik, requires practitioners to undergo formal training on the use of Sculptra before they can order the product. In addition, its use is limited to plastic surgeons, dermatologists and certain otolaryngologists.

Your lumps will resorb (disappear) over time. You may be able to hasten the process with massage. Your risk of lumps with future treatments remains 6%. Make sure that future injectors are up to date on the latest "techniques." Good luck!

Sculptra lumps permanent

+1

It is unlikely that he lumps will be permanent.

If repeated massaging doesn't help, gently vibrating thelumps repeatedly will help a grerat deal.

Always make sure that you are being treated by an experienced Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon.

Chicago Dermatologist

Sculptra lumps

+1

Irregularities from SCulptra at 1 month may be persistent for along time.  SInce I was not the treating physician, it is unlcear why you have the result that you are claiming.  Nevertheless, it may improve soon, but it will eventuallly go away.