I Scratched my Nose with my Thumb Accidently and the Skin is Bleeding a Little. Will This Affect the Results?

i was laying on my stomach and moved my hand quickly and my thumb scratched the bridge of my nose and the skin was bleeding a little. will this affect my rhinoplasty result 11 weeks after rhinoplasty?

Nasal scratching

+1

The scratch on yoru nose should not affect your rstul anymore than it would a nose that was not operated on.

+1

I just responded to a similar question from the same area, so if this is the same person...scratching the skin with a finger nail is not the same as blunt force to the nose.  A scratch shouldn't cause any harm, where a bump to the nose could after Rhinoplasty.

Your overall rhinoplasty result should not change from a scratch

+1

Sorry to hear about your nose, but in all likelihood, it will be ok. 

1.  I would keep the scratch clean with mild soap and water,
  2. apply an antibiotic ointment until the scratch heals and then,
  3. protect your skin from the sun with sunscreen on the nose and face and a hat

Best Wishes

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal scratch inconsequential on rhinoplasty results

+1

This should have no impact whatsoever on the appearance of your nose following your rhinoplasty. Just make sure that you properly take care of the scratch so that it does not get infected.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD