2 Weeks After my Nose Surgery and I Just Started Bleeding, is This Normal?

its been about 2 weeks seens i got my nose surgery and today i started to bleed. is this normall halp

Bleeding after Nose Surgery

+2

2 weeks after sugery most patients are healing well.

Disruption of a scab or crusting can cause the bleeding.   Non healed lining or mucosa may bleed from dryness or cleaning.

Have your doctor check.. use nasal saline spray and moisturizer such as bacitracin, vaseline , or arnica gel

Nasal bleeding is the most common complication to occur after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

Your risk of nasal bleeding is higher than the general population for around 3 weeks following Rhinoplasty Surgery. Your risk of nasal bleeding may be greater than other surgical patients if you had turbinate work performed by your surgeon to help you breathe better. You should schedule a follow-up visit with your surgeon for specific advice.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op bleeding after Rhinoplasty

+1

Please contact your surgeon's office and let them know that this is happening so that you get the appropriate attention and care.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Bleeding 2 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not normal for nasal bleeding to start 2 weeks after rhinoplasty. It is very unlikely that this is a serious problem, but see your surgeon as soon as you are able.

Bleeding

+1

I don't think this is common but, if you do enough nose surgery you will see anything. You sholud see your surgeon but, most likely this is the result of sloughing an internal crust or scab

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Bleeding after surgery

+1

It's not common but not necessarily alarming. Did you strain or blow your nose hard? Are you taking aspirin or blood thinners? Have you been rubbing it inside? Check with your doctor.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

No, while the nose can bleed slightly after Rhinoplasty and even the next day, it should not start bleeding 2 weeks post-op IMHO.  You might want to see your Rhinoplasty surgeon.

Bleeding 2 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

It's hard to say what is causing the bleeding without examing your nose. I'd have your surgeon check it out to make sure everything is okay. It's not uncommon for residual crusting in the nose to lead to some bleeding, though.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Bleeding after rhinoplasty should be evaluated

+1

Any bleeding from the nose  2 weeks after rhinoplasty should be evaluated by the operating Surgeon.  It is unlikely that a problem may have arisen, and likely it is simply the effect of the lining of the nose being irritated or drying up.

However, it is important to not underestimate the issue and to seek an evaluation by the Surgeon who performed  the rhinoplasty.

Mario Diana, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon