How Soon Can I Schedule Second CoolSculpting Treatment?

planning to have 6 areas treated at the end of sept. (stomach-2, love handles, bra rolls) from what I read, a second treatment is optimal, how soon can i have areas treated again?

How soon can I schedule a second coolsculpting treatment

+3

This is a great question. Although, according to clinical trial as well as my clinical experience, it does take upwards of 4 months to see final results, it has been studeid that doing a second treatment within about 30-60 days can enhance your overall treatment results.

The theory behind this mechanism is with the first treatment you create am inflammatory response around teh fat cells. This disappates about day 60-90 as the fat cells dissolve. If you treat a 2nd time prior to the inflammation  completely resolving, you are able to generate theoretically an even larger inflammatory response with subsequent greater fat volume reduction.

Please see this clinical trial paper I published decomstrating this effect

Brightman L, Geronemus R. “Can Second Treatment Enhance Clinical Results in Cryolipolysis?” Cosmetic Dermatol. 2011 Feb; 24(2): 85-88

How long before you repeat Coolsculpting

+2

While some physicians may suggest waiting 1 month between Coolsculpting treatments, I agree with the research that shows 8 weeks as an optimal time frame.  The inflammatory process is what will rid the body of its fat cells.  This process is not complete at 1 month, so the ultimate results from the initial Coolsculpting treatment will not be revealed at this point.  By two months post-procedure, the inflammatory process should be 80% complete, and you will be able to notice a clear reduction in the fat layers. 

Remember, you may actually not need to repeat the Coolsculpting procedure on the target area. It is also possible that you will need a second treatment to further enhance the results.  Be patient, though, and give your body at least a couple months before deciding on the follow up treatment. 

Houston Dermatologist

About 2 months

+1
Most patient need to wait 2-3 months after the first treatment to see the final results. If you wish to have a second treatment you should wait at least two months before treating the same area. Some patients are happy with results after the initial treatmnet and they might choose to do another area instead or retreat that same area for additional fat reduction.

Web reference: http://drturowski.com/coolsculpture-zeltiq-chicago.html

Repeat Coolsculpting?

+1

Repeat coolsculpting can be effective in further adipose tissue reduction;  the average time between treatments is 2 to 3 months.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/cool-sculpting.htm

Repeated CoolSculpting Zeltiq treatments

+1

In the last year we have been treating more patients with repeated CoolSculpting per site as we see continued improvement. Typically we had suggested waiting every three months when we first offered Zeltiq but now we have our patients waiting at least two months between treatments, and two to three treatments is not uncommon.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

Retreat an area with CoolSculpting

+1

It is optimal to wait 12-16 weeks for the second treatment so that you can be sure that you have seen the full results from the first treatment. Patients do not always need to retreat an area however, it just depends really on how large the bulge is and what the patient is trying to achieve with CoolSculpting.

All the best, "Dr. Joe" Gryskiewicz

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Timing of second coolsculpting treatment is variable.

+1

Timing a second treatment should probably be done with your physician. Typically I ask patients to wait 2-4 months before retreating an area.

Web reference: http://www.freezethefatchicago.com/

Second Coolsculpting treatment

+1

Typically in our practice we suggest to patients to not undergo a second treatment to the same fat area before 2 months and generally it is between 2 and 4 months.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Second treatment of Zeltiq

+1

Greetings~

We advise our patients to plan on their second treatment no sooner than 8 weeks following the first. Most patients should expect to do 2-3 treatments per area.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

Coolsculpting and time between treatments

+1

It takes 60-90 days to see results from one CoolSculpting treatment.  It is recommended that the same area not be re-treated for at least 60 days.  Additional areas can be treated at any time.

Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon