I was recently injected with Xeomin. I am adding the pictures of my results after 3 weeks. (photos)

I am new to having any type of injections. This is my most recent picture. I was told that Xeomin would fix my problem? The consultant said that the Xeomin would fix the Glabella area. I went back for a followup and they added more Xeomin. After that did not work, they said I need filer. Should I get filler?

Xeomin for the 11's

+1

If your after picture is with motion, then you probably need more Xeomin, Botox, or Dysport.  If the your after pictures is at rest, then you would likely benefit from the addition of a dermal filler to add volume to the area.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have these treatments.

There are two types of wrinkles: dynamic and static.

+1
Hi there. There are two types of wrinkles: 1) Dynamic, which means wrinkles that appear when you move, and; 2) Static, which are wrinkles that show while you are not moving.

I can't tell from your photo if you are moving or not. If you are still able to move and create those 11 lines, I recommend that you get more Xeomin injected into the area. If those lines are still there while you are not moving, then you may need some filler to re-volumize the area. 

Please be sure to visit a reputable board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to make sure that you have optimal results. 

I hope this helps!

Andrea Hui, MD
San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon

Xeomin Results 3 Weeks Later

+1
Xeomin is a newer neurotoxin made by a company called Merz. In my experience, the results are very similar to its competitors, Botox and Dysport. In the glabellar area (the 11s), these products are usually excellent at relaxing the muscles and removing the lines that come from brow movement. To this end it can lead to a more youthful brow appearance.

That being said, there are a few reasons why people do not get the results from these products. The first is that some people need slightly higher doses of the product to get the desired effect. While there are suggested dosing regimens for these products, some people fall outside those suggested amounts and hence the need to work with the physician to find a dose regimen that works for you. The second reason is if the injections did not effectively put the product into the muscle. Doing the injections in another plane of tissue can make the products less effective. Third, sometimes one needs to wait longer to see the benefits, though in your case 3 weeks is usually sufficient to see the desired result. Finally, I have seen cases where some people tend to do better with some neurotoxins than others in terms of getting the desired outcome. To this end, we sometimes try different products on people to try and find what works best for them.

In terms of fillers, I am not very enthusiastic about injecting fillers in this region. I do not feel it offers a very good cosmetic result given the hyperdynamic nature of the muscles in this area, and there is the hypothetical risk of having retrograde movement of the fillers into the blood supply near the eye. In our clinic we offer laser resurfacing of this region, isolated nerve ablation, and fat transfer all of which I feel work better than fillers for complementing neurotoxins.  

Farhan Taghizadeh, MD
Albuquerque Facial Plastic Surgeon

Paralytic Agents Like Xeomin Don't Eliminate Wrinkles!

+1
What? Then why do it!
Xeomin, Botox and Dysport temporarily and safely paralyze the muscles that make the wrinkles. Most of the time, your own body will repair the wrinkle after the muscle is put to rest for a while. However, there are people who have such deep wrinkles that repair wont occur without a little help from a filler.
Talk to your doctor to find out if this is what is needed next.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Results after Xeomin injection

+1
I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed after your injection results.is difficult to tell from the photographs whether you are frowning or not.  If you are relaxed and not frowning, then I feel that filler would be appropriate.  If in fact there is still muscle movement then additional treatment with neurotoxin may be of benefit.  I would discuss this issue at greater length with The physician who performed your injections.  Best of luck!

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon