Does Xeomin work just as well as Botox for jaw line reduction (masseter muscle)?

I'm considering getting 15 units of Xeomin on each side of my masseters to slim down my jawline to a nice v shape. I see that Botox is more popular and my medspa doctor prefers to use Xeomin. Does Xeomin do just as good of job as Botox?

Xeomin works similarly

+1
Hi! Xeomin is very similar to Botox. I have used both, with the same dosing, and my patients find the results excellent for either product. 

For masseter hypertrophy, I usually give 20-25 units per side and have you return in 2-3 weeks, at which time we compare your before photo and see if we need more treatment. Every person is different! This is a wonderful procedure. 

San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
Yes, Xeomin should work just as well as Botox for anything. They both have the same active ingredient, so they are dosed the same and should have very similar effects. There are some molecular differences in the formulations that may lead to small clinical differences.

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

+1
Xeomin should work similarly to Botox in the masseter muscle. There is a 1:1 conversion of Botox to Xeomin units. Depending upon the amount of slimming you desire 30U total might not be enough. In many cases, up to 50U is required for the first treatment for jawline slimming. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon