Does Xeomin work just as well as Botox for jaw line reduction (masseter muscle)?

I'm considering getting 15 units of Xeomin on each side of my masseters to slim down my jawline to a nice v shape. I see that Botox is more popular and my medspa doctor prefers to use Xeomin. Does Xeomin do just as good of job as Botox?

Xeomin for Masseter Muscle

+1
Yes, Xeomin is an effective treatment for the reduction of the jaw line and masseter muscle. Xeomin and Botox work in the same way to calm an overactive masseter muscle and slim the jawline. It is best to seek treatment from a Xeomin expert who has years of training and experience using Xeomin to treat the jawline and masseter muscle.

Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Xeomin for Jawline Reduction

+1
Yes, Xeomin can also be used to effectively treat the masseter muscle and slim the jawline. Like Botox, Xeomin is a neuromodulator that works by weakening the masseter muscle and causing it to reduce in size. For patients who want to slim their jawline without surgery, Xeomin might be an ideal treatment.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologist

Difference between Botox® and Xeomin®

+1
The FDA has deemed Xeomin® to be equivalent to Botox Cosmetic® after evaluating the studies for both when each sought FDA approval. Botox Cosmetic® injections have been much more thoroughly-studied (in every facial area) and are more "popular" on the internet in large part because Botox Cosmetic® has been FDA-approved and on the market in the USA for many years longer than Xeomin®.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Xeomin works similarly

+1
Hi! Xeomin is very similar to Botox. I have used both, with the same dosing, and my patients find the results excellent for either product. 

For masseter hypertrophy, I usually give 20-25 units per side and have you return in 2-3 weeks, at which time we compare your before photo and see if we need more treatment. Every person is different! This is a wonderful procedure. 

Andrea Hui, MD
San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
Yes, Xeomin should work just as well as Botox for anything. They both have the same active ingredient, so they are dosed the same and should have very similar effects. There are some molecular differences in the formulations that may lead to small clinical differences.

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

+1
Xeomin should work similarly to Botox in the masseter muscle. There is a 1:1 conversion of Botox to Xeomin units. Depending upon the amount of slimming you desire 30U total might not be enough. In many cases, up to 50U is required for the first treatment for jawline slimming. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon