1mth post Xeomin to forehead, it caused my brow to drop dramatically, when will my brow & hooded eyes return to normal? (photo)

I am 1 month post Xeomin to the forehead. When will my brow and hooded eyes return to normal?

Dropped brows after xeomin injection.

+1
Hello.  Sorry to hear about your situation.  I would suggest letting your doctor know so he (or she) can adjust the dose and placement of the xeomin for the next injection.  For now all you can do is wait for it to wear off.  You should see some movement in your brow after a few weeks with complete improvement after 4-6 months.  Good Luck.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyebrows drop with Xeomin

+1
I am sorry to hear about your problem. Here are several things to consider;

1. Most importantly, report your results to your doctor and let them learn what works and doesn't work for you. Every patient responds differently to injections and if you allow your doctor to see the results, they can tailor the next injections to work better for you.
  2. The results will wear off and there will be no permanent complications.
  3. If the forehead muscle is completely paralyzed by Xeomin, your eyebrows will drop. Doctors leave a vertical strip of forehead muscle on each side untouched to maintain the eyebrow lift and establish the peak look that so many people get. It sounds like the entire muscle has dropped, so next time the forehead injections should be more narrow to leave the outside strips of muscle untouched.
Good luck and be patient!

Robert M. Freund, MD

Eyebrow and forehead droop after Xeomin injection

+1
I am sorry to hear about the trouble you had after your recent Xeomin injection.  The amount of time it will take for this effect to wear off depends somewhat on the dose of drug that was placed in your forehead.  .Please be assured that you will continue to be able to use Xeomin.  Your injector will just need to change the dose and distribution of the drug you receive.  Make certain that you are being treated by an extremely experienced injector.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

1mth post Xeomin to forehead, it caused my brow to drop dramatically, when will my brow & hooded eyes return to normal?

+1
This is a relatively rare complication to Xeomin treatment, usually occurring in 5% or less patients. The injections usually last 3-4 months, but improvement in the brow usually start to be seen around 6 weeks. Good luck.

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

1mth post Xeomin to forehead

+1
Dear run, thank you for your questions. Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin are common neuromodulatorsused in our San Diego medical spa to reduce facial wrinkles by temporarily weakening the muscles that cause them. Botox is very safe and has benefitedmillions of patients, but consult with your physician to discuss risks and benefits and see if you are a good candidate. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

When will face return to normal after Xeomin?

+1
The effects from Xeomin generally last from about 3-6 months.  After this time, your face should return to the pre-treatment state.  It is possible that you may begin to notice some lifting of your brow before this time period.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon