Wound Separation After Breast Lift? (photo)

3 weeks post op breast lift with fat transfer. Healing quickly and beautifully. At first post op appt. my PS said I would likely have a small wound separation on my right breast and when it occurrd to treat with neosporin. I have been doing so for about a week. I'm concerned its not healing properly. I have follow up appointment in 5 days but wonder if I need to be seen sooner. Wound is small about the size on a pencil eraser. No pain, oozing, or odor.

Wound should heal fine

+1

I don't see anything that will need any intervention. This area will have to heal "from the inside out". It will take a few more weeks likely. Best of luck!

T-Incision Wound after Breast Lift

+1

T incision separation can be treated conservatively and this area will likely heal without any untoward effect.

Small wound issues with breast lift surgery

+1

This is a very common minor complication seen with breast lift surgery. Neosporin is a very common treatment and should be effective. If the area gets notably bigger, saline moistened gauze dressings may be indicated. I don't think that there is an indication to be seen sooner than planned with your surgeon. I would expect the small area to be healed in about 2-3 weeks. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Wound Separation After Breast Lif

+1

This is a sequel of breast lifting tension on the inverted T incision closure. Sounds like you doc is doing everything correctly. Maybe you need more IN PERSON time with him/her. So ask for twice a week in person visits

Small separation at the T closure of a lift

+1

Minor skin break down is fairly common with lifts or reductions. Follow your surgeons instructions carefully.

You will be fine

+1

You have small wound opening and it will heal. This is very common and it will heal fine. Please make sure to continue to see your surgeon for follow up.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Small wound healing issues occasionally accompany breast lift surgery and will not affect the long-term outcome.

+1

The picture demonstrates a small wound healing issue at the "T" of the breast lift. This will heal spontaneously with good one care and should have no effect on the long-term outcome.

Wound Separation after Breast Lifting Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

What you are experiencing is not unusual after breast lifting surgery; it seems like your plastic surgeon is treating you appropriately. I would suggest keeping the  already scheduled follow-up appointments.

You should have peace of mind that these types of superficial separations do not usually detract from the final results of the procedure performed.

Wound Separation After Breast Lift?

+1

This is quite common at the intersection of the two incisions. Current treatment is sensible, and there is no need to move up the scheduled visit. Best wishes.