No Nipple Erection After a BA and Mastopexy? (photo)

Hello, I just had surgery one week ago and I had my areolos made smaller in the process. Everything for the most part seems to be fine however, I dont seem to be getting an erection in my left nipple and a burning sensation around both nipples. Sensation seems to be there, but the skin seems so tight that it wont erect on that one side. As I am healing, will I gain erection ability back in my nipple? Thanks for your assistance.

Too early to assess results

+1
You are still affected by swelling and should wait a few months before assessing your results.

Since almost every breast lift requires your surgeon to make incisions around the nipple, losing sensation in this area is a possible risk. If this complication does occur, patients may need to wait for the nerves to grow back. If sensation has not returned after two years, it's likely that the nipples may never regain their normal sense of touch.

Breast surgery and nipples

+1

At one week after surgery, everything is healing and a bit swollen. Give it several months to heal before worrying about erectile function of your nipples.

Nipple sensitivity and function after mastopexy

+1

You will most likely regain normal nipple erectile function over the next several months. Having slightly heightened sensation for a month or two is also very normal. No need to worry. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Lift at One Week - Nipple Erection?

+1

First, the result is phenomenal at one week.  Second, if you have sensation at one week that is much better than the average breast lift patient.  The erection should return as the swelling resolves.  Thank your plastic surgeon.

Flattened nipple after augment/mastopexy

+1

It is very early since surgery, and with time, this issue will likely resolve. With sensation intact, erectile function of the nipple will probably return.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

No Nipple Erection After a BA and Mastopexy?

+1

Again this is much to early for the issue not to be addressed by your surgeon. Sometimes decreased N/A sensation can lasts for many months but you state you have some feeling, Thus the erection SHOULD rerun soon. But agai ask your surgeon. 

+1

If sensation is normal, expect resolution of this issue as the swelling resolves--probably over the course of a couple of weeks. Best wishes.