Safe to do tummy tuck breast implants & arm reduction together?

I'm a 23 year old female 160lb 5'7 and I'm planning to have a tummy tuck breast implants & arm reduction how safe is doing all these procedures together ?

Safe to do tummy tuck, breast implants, and arm reduction together?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question! These procedures can be effectively and safely performed in one setting. The breasts and tummy tuck are commonly performed together, often referred to as the "mommy makeover". If you are healthy and your surgeon decides that a/he could perform the procedures in a safe time for you, these procedures certainly can be done in one stage. Staging the procedures to have them performed at various times will likely not have any cost benefit for you. When you combine procedures, there is often a discount that is provided by the surgeon for multiple procedures. Also, when having multiple procedures performed at the same time, you save on anesthesia and facility fees, which otherwise are paid for with each individual procedure. In addition, you may benefit by the single recovery time.

It is your decision as to whether you have your procedures performed in one or multiple stages, but your surgeon will give his/her recommendations. I would consult with a plastic surgeon well-versed in these procedures and discuss your concerns with your surgeon and see what your options are as well as have an examination. Your safety is ultimately the most important factor and is always on the mind of your surgeon when making such decisions. Hope that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Tummy Tuck, Arm Reduction and BA - Mommy Make Over Option

+1
Combining Arm Lipo or  Lift, Breast Augmentation and Tummy Tuck
Breast implants and Arm Reduction by lipo or brachioplasty and Tummy Tuck are often Performed Together Safely. Different surgeons will recommend different procedures including doing more than one at a time. Some surgeons also differ in ability, time it takes to do the same procedure and general. It makes this a difficult choice for patients. Based on my own experience I would do all at once as long as it takes 4 or less hours. Surgeons should never perform elective operations that they are uncomfortable performing or feel unwise for them, nor should they be faulted for doing so. However, for me, I typically perform a tummy tuck and breast augmentation and lift (mastopexy) at the same time and usually takes less than 4 hours so I recommend this be done in one surgery and this is what many refer to a Mommy Makeover.

Not only that,if you did not need a breast lift, I usually place breast implants through the Tummy Tuck incision but I prefer this technique. Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation Combination makes sense and is safe. Contrary to some of the answers I have found that the recovery time is not delayed and is the same as the tummy tuck procedure by itself. That is because you are healing simultaneously and not sequentially - both heal at the same time. The procedure only takes me about a half hour to 45 minutes longer than the tummy tuck alone. Best of all, I usually put in the breast implants through the tummy tuck incision so that there are no scars on the breasts.
I have performed many of these combination procedures over the past few decades and think it is a great idea without significant increased complications

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Combining plastic surgery procedures

+1

You're probably okay combining all of those procedures, but make sure you're cleared from your internal medicine doctor as well for surgery.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Safety of combination body contouring surgery

+1

This procedure can be performed safely in the right candidate.   The technical operation does not concern me as much as the anesthesia time.   If your surgeon has experience in these procedures and the necessary assistance to make the case run smoothly and efficiently, it is a great option with less longterm recovery than separate procedures.

It is imperative that you stay overnight in the hospital to ensure you receive plenty of fluids, antibiotics, and pain medication.    I also recommend a thorough preoperative workup by your primary care physician to ensure that you don't have any medical problems that would increase your risk.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Is it safe to do multiple surgeries

+1

How much surgery you can do is different from how much you should do.  The first factor is your overall health.  It is sometimes harder to heal incisions if you have certain medical conditions like diabetes.  Secondly, I like to minimize elective surgery lengths under 6 hour and definitely would keep you at the surgery center overnight. 

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Combining procedures

+1

It is certainly possible to combine some procedures together, it depends upon the health of the patient and the length of time the surgery will take to name a few.

Multiple procedures in one setting

+1

Multiple procedures can be safely performed in one setting.  But it depends on your health status (past medical history), your anatomy, and the amount of surgery/type of procedures to be done. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon for a formal evaluation. He/she will determine the how long it will take and whether you are a safe/good candidate for these combined procedures. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover

+1

Though they can be performed at the same time safely, it may be wiser to do them separately, because you will need your arms following the tummy tuck/implants, and if your arms had surgery, it will be a challenging post-op recovery period for you.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Multiple procedures are safe.

+1

The combination of procedures you are asking about can be done safely together under one anesthesia without a problem by a physician who is experienced with doing multiple procedure cases. This is not an unusual combination.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

How many cosmetic surgeries can be done together?

+1

It is hard to answer your question without an examination and medical history.  I use the guideline by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons recommending keeping the anesthesia time 6 hours or less.  However, even if the surgery can be done in that amount of time, is the quality of work going to be good?  To me, the amount of surgery suggested seems like it is pushing the limit.

It is up to you to do your home work!

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon