Is It Safe to Use Retin A Under the Eyes?

I am 38 and have small wrinkles and lines under my eyes. I have been using Retin A 0.05% on my face for 6 months with very good results but I have never used it under the eyes. I heard that Retin A thins the skin if used near the eye area and thus causing more wrinkles. Is this true? If not, which strength can I use to remove the undereye lines. Is there any other cream better than Retin A at removing lines and wrinkles around the eyes? Please Help!! Thanks, Zara

You can use Retin A sparingly under the eyes without too much concern

Thanks for your question. You can use Retin A sparingly under the eyes without too much concern. Many
would recommend you starting it on an every other night basis until your skin is used to it but you should
be able to use it every night, without concern, if needed.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon