Can I Use Retin-A and Aquafor Together?

Can I use Aquafor 30 minutes after applying retin a at night. My skin is very dry. Would that affect the results?

Retin-A and moisturizers

+2

Yes, you can use Aquaphor and Retin-A. I usually advise moisturizing at least one hour prior to applying Retin-A (which is usually applied at bedtime) so as not to dilute the medication. Aquaphor is a good moisturier but quite thick, you might also consider a cream moisturizer (like Eucerin or Cetaphil cream) in its place. Using a moisturizer before Retin-A (and again in the daytime if needed) can help counteract its drying effects.

Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Retin A

+1

Retin A causes the dry skin. That is part of the action of Retin A

You can apply aquaphor for the dry skin