Safe to Fly 6 Days After Breast Lift?

I am going to have a BL soon and I would like to travel to visit family a few days after (5 or 6 days). The flight is 2 hours. Are there any complications I should be aware of and is it safe? I am getting a lift only (shooting for a lollipop lift, but may have to get an anchor lift), no implants.

Traveling 6 days after breast lift surgery

+2

Dear Domingo,

Provided it is ok with your PS, you should be fine. Just a few things to consider: Avoid heavy lifting or pulling and walk as much as possible before and during flight. Otherwise, happy travels!

Food for thought: vertical scar lifts inherently weaken a lift. Placing an incision at the point of maximum tension is an architecturally faulty design. I stopped performing this kind of lift years ago because it often led to wound failure at that point and bottoming out. It was both unsatisfactory to my patients and myself. I now perform the Ultimate Breast Lift with great success in providing patients with upper pole fullness without the use of an implant and there is no unsightly vertical scar. The lift is stronger and therefore longer lasting.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Safe to Fly 6 Days After Breast Lift?

+1

Best to ask this of your surgeon. Many patients fly in for surgery and back home the next day after breast surgery.

All the best. 

Travel after a Breast Lift

+1

Hi there-

I think that if your surgeon is comfortable with it, that flying 6 days after your breast lift would probably be okay-

But if you were my patient and you asked me what my preference would be in order to maximize your safety and chances of being happy with your lovely outcome and uncomplicated recovery, I would say wait 2 weeks after your surgery.

Armando Soto, MD

Flying 6 days after surgery

+1

Six days after surgery is a bit early to go flying. If things were very smooth and you do not exert yourself( i.e like carrying a suitcase) it may be OK. Ask your surgeon.

Flying six days after surgery

+1

If you have an uneventful surgery and recovery, flying should be fine one week after surgery.  However, if you experience any problems, then you may have to delay your trip. Also, you probably should not be doing any heavy lifting (like carrying a heavy carry-on bag) that soon after surgery.  I would definitely recommend that you discuss these plans with your surgeon.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Flying after Breast Lift?

+1

Generally speaking, flying 6 days after breast lift surgery should be just fine assuming you do well and there are no complications. Always best to check with your plastic surgeon who knows your situation best. Suggestions may include: avoid heavy lifting, stay well hydrated, ambulate, and use aspirin as possible.

Flying After Surgery

+1

Travel over 3 hours may have some risk of blood clot, but in surgery where you are expected to be up and about afterwards, like your breast lift, the risk is minimal.

When I see patients arriving from out of town who will be returning home within a few days, I will consider the use of a low-dose blood thinner.

The other issue is using your arms, chest, and shoulder muscles immediately after surgery. I ask my patients to limit this activity, especially the first week.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Flying

+1

Flying 5-6 days after surgery should be ok, depending what your surgery outcome is. If you have a complication it might not be a good idea.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Safe to fly after surgery

+1

It is generally possible to fly safely 5 or 6 days after breast lift surgery, assuming you have no complications.  I would suggest however delaying any trips that are not necessary for a longer period of time, to ensure a complete recovery, and more pleasant travels.  Each patient is different, and therefore it is mandatory to get the final word from your surgeon, who knows you best and the exact type of surgery that will be performed.

Michel C. Samson, MD
Daytona Beach Plastic Surgeon

Flying after breast lift

+1

Thank you for the question. It is best if you address this question with your plastic surgeon. In general, you should be able to travel if you have no post operative complication. Keep in mind that traveling is a significant activity and may involve carrying bags etc.  Best wishes

Moneer Jaibaji, MD