Is This my Permanent Result (Benelli Lift)? (photo)

i am 3 weeks post op today. i received a benelli lift and i am afraid that this fire cracker explosion around my areola will be permanent. i am terrified to shower daily and to be forced to look at this horrible result. i am so angry and lost for words, i did not expect my boobs to look this way. is this going to get better or did the ps screw me ?

Skin wrinkles around the areola will improve

+2

The skin wrinkles around your areola should improve with time.  They get created because the outer incision of the purse-string mastopexy is longer than that of the inner incision.  

Dr Remus Repta

Benelli (Donut) Breast Lift. Pleating 3 weeks post op. Normal?

+2

You are only 3 weeks post op.  This process usually will take months until you have your "final" result.  The pleating you see is normal for this time period.  Please let your plastic surgeon know your concerns.  Please follow his/her directions for the best results.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Pleating around areola

+2

Hi,

The 'firecracker' explosion is NOT permanent. No worries! The pleating may not look very nice now, but trust me it will improve. FYI, it may take a few months before you are happy with them. In the mean time, have patience and follow up with your PS.

Kind regards,

Dr. H 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Donut Mastopexy

+1

The Benelli or donut mastopexy is an attempt to move the nipple position, usually up, and avoid a verticle scar. A long outer incision is pleated around the smaller incision around the nipple. I have never liked this procedure and have seen this scarring pattern many times. I have always thought that a verticle scar down from the nipple is much more acceptable.My recommendation is to give the breast and the scars some time to mature and soften and if you still do not like the appearance then have the nipple area revised even if it means having a small verticle scar component. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Is This my Permanent Result

+1

No

These gathers, or pleats, are universal in Benelli lifts. A small inner circle is sutured to a considerably larger outer circle resulting in these irregularities.

In cloth, gathers are permanent, but healing skin remodels, and over the course of the next months these become less and less apparent.

All the best.  

Permanent result after Benelli Mastopexy

+1

The pleating around the areola is seen in everyone who has a Benelli mastopexy.  Also it goes away over three to six months postoperatively in everyone.  From these photos you appear to be doing great at three weeks post op.  Hope this helps.

L. Dwight Baker, MD
Dothan Plastic Surgeon