5'2, A Cup, Would Like to Be a Small C Cup. What Size Do You Recommend?

Have talked to my PS about having a BA after having two children. I am currently a 32A and would like to become a full B/sm C. My PS recommended that I get between 300cc-325cc silicone under the muscle. We tried sizers and liked how natural I looked with a 300cc. However, after leaving the appointment, I began to read that you can loose cc if you go under the muscle. True? Should I go 325? Also, why do some pics of others my height and weight with same cc's look HUGE? Should I go smaller?

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+2

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “small C” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

300 cc or 325 cc for an A to small C Transition

+2

If you liked the look of 300 cc sizer, you may want to go with the 325 cc implant, because there is some blunting of volume when placing the implant under the muscle.  I would not worry about looking huge.  The average implant volume placed in the US is 350 cc.  You are not getting a huge implant, and you are starting with a small cup size.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implant size?

+2

It's hard for any of us to comment without photos and an exam.  I'd say consider trying on implants again.  300cc in general is a smaller implant and if you are concerned, my experience has been that picking a slightly larger implant than you are happy with in sizing will make you happy when its all said in done.  Patients are always worried about going too big in the begini g but in the end the most common desire is wishing you had gone a bit larger.  Best of luck!  Dr K

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

What Size Do You Recommend?

+2

I find sizers to be very helpful in choosing implant size, and I usually pick an implant about 10% larger than the sizer that looks good because the implants look a bit bigger on the breast than does the same size implant in the breast. This is not an exact science, but I find that 10% works well, and a patient liking a 300 cc sizer would get a 325 cc implant.  

I can't answer the last question without knowing more. It may be that those patients started with larger breasts than you to begin with. 

All the best. 

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast implants in cc's and controlling results

+1

Your goal to be about 1 1/2 cup sizes larger is realistic and is accomplished with a medium profile (not called that in silicone gel-filled) implant that matches the internal width of your breast. The number of cc's is determined by looking up the correct width/diameter implant in the middle profile. This would be placed below the pectoralis muscle for the mid to upper/medial part of your breast. The loss of cc effect you refer to is the difference with the effect of an implant above or below the pectoralis muscle even if the implant volume is the same and is another reason why external sizers are misleading and not really helpful in sizing implants. Your other question regarding the effect of the same number of cc's on others is also why you have to be fitted to an implant and know what effect it will have rather than starting with the number of cc's and working backwards. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Implant and cup size

+1

If you tried on implants and you liked a 300cc, you should probably go with that volume.  25 cc difference will not make a big difference.

+1

Of course, under the muscle 325-350 cc.

Spanish translation provided by doctor:

Por supuesto, debajo del musculo 325-350 cc.

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon