Price for Mommy Makeover, Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift, Liposculpture and Brazilian Butt Lift

I'm considering going to Rio, Brazil for a Mommy makeover, tummy tuck, breast lift, Liposculpture / Brazilian butt lift. I’m being told it's going to coast me 14,000 for the total surgery. What price would I pay here in USA for the same procedures?

Costs for Multiple Procedures, Here vs. "There"

+2

The arithmetic is not that simple:

• Regional U.S variations for the procedures you mention: ~$17,000 - 25,000.
  • Variations depending on amount of liposuction.
  • Cost of Breast Lift vs. Lift with Implants
    • type of implants
  • Out-patient vs. overnight stay/recovery facility

In thinking about the costs of travel, for safety, fly 2 weeks pre-op and stay at least 2 weeks post-op + cost of accommodations for you and caregiver. (Don't plan on this being a "vacation!")

If surgery goes perfectly, post-op care can be simple.  If you have any problems, follow-up can be a bit more complicated if you have surgery abroad.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Costs of Tummy Tuck

+1
Thank you for your post.
In considering the cost of a Tummy Tuck, you should look at the components of the cost:
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
5. Revision. Usually a revision such as dog ears or lowering the scar, or a seroma, is much less that the original surgery, but this depends entirely on what exactly is being done.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
Best Wishes,
Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

US cost of procedures

+1
The cost here varies considerably based upon region, surgeon experience, and the particulars of your surgery (type of lift, number of areas of liposuction, etc). Your best bet is to visit several board certified plastic surgeons in your area for surgical recommendations and pricing.

Grant Stevens, MD

Surgery overseas, Cost vs US

+1

First I do not think doing those procedures all at one time is prudent to your health and safety. Second, any complication that occurs from surgery in Brazil will be an out of pocket expense to you here in the US and you likely will spend much more money correcting the problem. Having surgery here in the US will assure you always have help if/when it is needed and a responsive surgeon. There are many factors of cost in the US that cannot be related to Brazil. Is it less expensive...yes, but you have to decide if your health and safety is worth the extra $2-5K. In Florida those procedures would be between $16-$22K

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Surgery

+1

We do not operate on the same price schedule as brazil. Insurance costs are so high that fee could never be matched in the USA. You are mentioning a lot of procedures here. It is not safe to have a marathon surgery session and have all of these procedures done at once

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

What Is The Cost of BBL/FTT/BL & Lipo in Hawaii?

+1

A pretty full Mommy Makeover, including lipo, breast lift, tummy tuck and Brazilian butt lift usually runs $18,000 - $25,000 in Hawaii.  A savings of $4,000 - $10,000 is nothing to sneeze at, but if the surgery needs to be redone or if complications develop, a second flight to Brazil and the price of a second surgery in Brazil is also nothing to sneeze at. 

Some of the plastic surgeons in Brazil are some of the best plastic surgeons in the world.  Some are not.  In the United States, to include Hawaii, are most of the best Board Certified cosmetic plastic surgeons in the world.  Traveling outside of the United States for cosmetic surgery seems, to me, equivalent to looking outside of New Orleans for the best jambalaya. 

The combination of procedures that you are interested in (most of the Mommy Makeover plus BBL) are often done in my surgery center, but of course require an overnight stay.  Philadelphia is replete with excellent plastic surgeons, and as W. C. Fields said on his tombstone, "I'd rather be in Philadelphia".

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Cost of surgery in US vs. Brazil

+1

Cost will vary depending on many factors.... first of all it differs depending on if a board certified plastic surgeon is performing the surgery or not.  Also, if the surgery is performed in a hospital based operating room vs. an office setting, if a board certified anesthesiologist is involved vs. a nurse (or sometimes performing procedures under local anesthesia), etc.  Please be careful when doing your research to make sure your surgeon is properly trained and has experience in this procedure.

Please don't "shop around" for the cheapest price - look for a surgeon who has experience and can show you examples.  Also, safety should be your TOP PRIORITY! I don't think you can compare the pricing in the US to pricing in Brazil.

Best Wishes!

Mommy makeover in Brazil

+1

Medical tourism is more common as the world continues to shrink.  In the US you could probably get the same procedures for between $12-20,000 plus anesthesia and operating room fees.  There are many problems with this strategy.  First, any complications will likely require care in the US.  It will be difficult to find someone of expertise to get involved at that point.  There is no recourse for a possible malpractice or standard of care litigation in the other country.  Also, their standards of sterility and safety are not as high as ours.  You remember what happened to Usher's wife a couple of years ago?  Travel at your own peril.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Mommy makeover and Brazilian butt lift too much surgery together.

+1

Hi.

This is not a safe combination.  You are increasing your risk of a blood clot.  Do it in two stages.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Surgery costs

+1

It is certainly possible to combine some procedures together, it depends upon the health of the patient and the length of time the surgery will take to name a few.  And so, I probalby would not recommend all of these procedures together.  The fees will vary.