Can I Ride Roller Coasters After a Mommy Makeover?

This may sound crazy, but I love big, fast roller coasters and I am concerned about not being able to ride after a BA with implants and a TT with MR and hernia repair. Will I still be able to ride, even with all the jerking and G-force that roller coasters have? Are there ANY restrictions after the healing time? Could I go horse riding, sky-diving or become a professional athlete? I am very active now and don't want to lose that.

Roller Coaster Rides after Mommy Makeover

You sound like a daredevil!!  Please be careful in your recovery process.   You will be able to do all these activities after 6 weeks of necessary recovery.   I would closely follow the recommendations of your plastic surgeon and await his final clearance.

I wish you a safe and happy recovery

Can I ride roller coasters after a mommy makeover?

It all depends on how you define "after." Once you are healed which is usually about 6 weeks, and then get the clearance from your certified plastic surgeon, you can do anything you did before the mommy makeover! In fact, after a mommy makeover, the roller coaster might even be a little more comfortable and a little more fun! :)

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Can I Ride Roller Coasters After a Mommy Makeover

Once you are fully healed you should be able to participate in any activities you enjoy at present.  You should understand that it will require a minimum of six weeks to heal completely and depending on the individual a bit more would not be unusual. Remember to get a clearance from your surgeon before undertaking the rides as he/she is in the best position to judge your recovery.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Restrictions after mommy makeover surgery

Full recovery from the mommy makeover surgery is generally six weeks. After getting clearance from your surgeon you should be able to enjoy all activities you did prior to surgery and take on any new challenges you desire. Best wishes!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Riding a roller coaster will have to wait about 6 weeks after a mommy makeover

After a mommy makeover, I would wait at least 6 weeks.  You may need to wait longer depending on your recovery.  Make sure you get clearance from your plastic surgeon in person before riding the roller coasters.  Have fun!

Activity After Mommy Makeover in Melbourne, Florida

Regarding activity after your Mommy Makeover, I frequently advise my Melbourne, FL, Mommy Makeover patients to wait six weeks before any type of heavy lifting, strenuous exercise or going to the gym or anything that is going to raise blood pressure. This would definitely fall into that category; however, the stress of riding a roller coaster might dictate that you wait even a little longer. I would definitely discuss this with your plastic surgeon prior to this type of activity. Hopefully this is helpful to you. Best of luck!

Amy Ortega, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

Just give yourself time to heal, and get a clearance from your doctor, then enjoy life. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Being Active after Mommy Makeover

After you have completely healed from your tummy and breast surgery, you will be able to do any activity you like.  Make sure you allow your body time to heal after surgery and get your doctor's OK for the activity you would like to do.

Keep on Coasting

I would certainly wait about six weeks before advising returning to your roller coaster riding. if you have had no post op problems, you shoudl be good to go but ask your surgeons.

Richard Linderman, MD

Roller coasters & mommy makeover

Once your incisions and muscle plication has can certainly live life to the fullest - including riding a roller coaster!

But wait about 8 weeks post-op before you start to do these more vigorous activities, so that the repairs have had time to heal and become strong.  It would be a shame if you did "too much, too early" and popped sutures in your muscle repair!!