Can I Ride Roller Coasters After a Mommy Makeover?

This may sound crazy, but I love big, fast roller coasters and I am concerned about not being able to ride after a BA with implants and a TT with MR and hernia repair. Will I still be able to ride, even with all the jerking and G-force that roller coasters have? Are there ANY restrictions after the healing time? Could I go horse riding, sky-diving or become a professional athlete? I am very active now and don't want to lose that.

Roller Coaster Rides after Mommy Makeover

+2

You sound like a daredevil!!  Please be careful in your recovery process.   You will be able to do all these activities after 6 weeks of necessary recovery.   I would closely follow the recommendations of your plastic surgeon and await his final clearance.

I wish you a safe and happy recovery

Can I ride roller coasters after a mommy makeover?

+2

It all depends on how you define "after." Once you are healed which is usually about 6 weeks, and then get the clearance from your certified plastic surgeon, you can do anything you did before the mommy makeover! In fact, after a mommy makeover, the roller coaster might even be a little more comfortable and a little more fun! :)

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Can I Ride Roller Coasters After a Mommy Makeover

+2

Once you are fully healed you should be able to participate in any activities you enjoy at present.  You should understand that it will require a minimum of six weeks to heal completely and depending on the individual a bit more would not be unusual. Remember to get a clearance from your surgeon before undertaking the rides as he/she is in the best position to judge your recovery.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Restrictions after mommy makeover surgery

+2

Full recovery from the mommy makeover surgery is generally six weeks. After getting clearance from your surgeon you should be able to enjoy all activities you did prior to surgery and take on any new challenges you desire. Best wishes!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Riding a roller coaster will have to wait about 6 weeks after a mommy makeover

+2

After a mommy makeover, I would wait at least 6 weeks.  You may need to wait longer depending on your recovery.  Make sure you get clearance from your plastic surgeon in person before riding the roller coasters.  Have fun!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover

+1

Just give yourself time to heal, and get a clearance from your doctor, then enjoy life. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Being Active after Mommy Makeover

+1

After you have completely healed from your tummy and breast surgery, you will be able to do any activity you like.  Make sure you allow your body time to heal after surgery and get your doctor's OK for the activity you would like to do.

Keep on Coasting

+1

I would certainly wait about six weeks before advising returning to your roller coaster riding. if you have had no post op problems, you shoudl be good to go but ask your surgeons.

Richard Linderman, MD

Roller coasters & mommy makeover

+1

Once your incisions and muscle plication has healed...you can certainly live life to the fullest - including riding a roller coaster!

But wait about 8 weeks post-op before you start to do these more vigorous activities, so that the repairs have had time to heal and become strong.  It would be a shame if you did "too much, too early" and popped sutures in your muscle repair!!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Six weeks after tummy tuck, you can do absolutely anything you did before.

+1

Hi.

Most of our mommy makeover patients exercise freely after four weeks, but if you want to be extra safe, wait six weeks.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)