Can I Get the Mommy Makeover and a Brazilian Butt Lift in the Same Procedure?

I am thinking about getting plastic surgery to give me my body back before I had 6 children. I am still a small framed woman 28years old and I weigh about 125 and am 5'6 in height. I definetly want the Mommy makeover but I'm also thinking about getting a nicer shaped butt. So,I was wondering if I could get both procedures at the same time or should I get one before the other with wait time in between.

Safety of combining a Brazilian Butt Lift with a Mommy Make Over

+4

When you asked "CAN I Get the Mommy Makeover and a Brazilian Butt Lift in the Same Procedure?" - the simplistic answer would be - yes, you can. However, the real and more ethical answer would be - WHY would you do it and why would a Plastic surgeon put you through it?

Surgical risk (death, fatal blood clots, infection etc) increases along with the duration of time in the OR. The longer the operation (or group of procedures), the higher the risk undertaken by the patient. The more operations you pile into the same procedure, the higher the risk you are taking. The higher the costs of unexpected medical treatment should anything happen to you.

When we harvest fat to graft to the buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift) we usually liposuction fat from the lower back and abdomen and if needed other areas of the body. This results in multiple sore areas after surgery which limits mobility and ability to sleep. If your tummy is sore from the Tummy Tuck and your rear end,  lower back and sides are sore from the liposuction AND you cannot sit on your buttocks for 2 weeks - HOW are you expected to sit, rest and sleep? Ask your surgeon to demonstrate that "innovative" position. Unless you are planning on hanging upside down like a bat after surgery, recovery will be a bear when these procedures are done together.

Technically, WHICH operations do we do first? Are we to do the breast Lift / Augmentation and Tummy Tuck liposuction and then have you lay on your freshly operated and stitched tummy and breasts for the Brazilian Butt Lift? Does this sound logical to you?

Technically, aggressive liposuction of the tummy (to obtain fat for the buttock) followed by a Tummy Tuck may well injure some of the blood supply to the tummy skin after a tummy tuck resulting in skin death and separation of the wound.

For all these reasons it may be better to do the Brazilian Butt Lift first and after you recovered and your skin is elastic and natural feeling do the Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift or Augmentation.

Dr. Peter A Aldea

I would say one side at a time!

+2

If you are 5'6" and a 125 lbs you probably do not have enough fat to graft to the buttocks area to make a difference. You have to inject at least three times the amount of fat in this area to see any measurable improvement. Remember not all the fat cells will survive. In reading your question it seems like that you are more interested in improving the appearance of your breast and your abdomen.. If you do the breast augmentation w/ a lift and a abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) at the same time you will probably be very happy with your result. If you try to add fat grafting to the buttocks your chance of complications may go up. I hope this information will help you.

William Aiello, MD

Combination Mommy Makeover with Buttock Augmentation

+2

At 5'6" and 125 lbs, my first concern is do you have enough fat to properly augment your buttocks.    If you do have enough fat, I personally recommend a staged approach to this procedure.   I want to maximize survival of your fat cells, by keeping you off your buttocks for 2 weeks.   A tummy tuck patient usually has difficulty lying on their abdomen without putting harmful stress on the incision line.  

Therefore, my plan for you is to undergo liposuction and buttock fat injections as a first stage procedure.   At 6-8 weeks, you can come back for your tummy tuck and breast enhancement.     This method is safe and minimizes complication and risk in these elective cosmetic procedures.   You will have ample time to allow the new fat cells in your buttocks to survive.    Then when you undergo your tummy tuck, it will be safe to lie on your back without risk of damage to these cells.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Mommy makeover and Brazilian buttock lift at the same time

+2

This combination of procedures involves a breast surgery and tummy tuck (mommy makeover) with liposuction and fat transfer to the buttock area (Brazilian Buttock Lift). The duration of the surgery could be quite long depending on your surgeon, anywhere from 4-7 hours.  You may want to have the breast portion performed at a separate time in the interest of safety.  The longer the surgery, the higher the risk of developing a blood clot (DVT) in your legs becomes. I would discuss this with your primary care physician and your plastic surgeon in detail to determine if the procedures need to be staged to different days or perhaps done in a hospital setting with an overnight stay for observation.

Safety is the most important factor in considering a case of this length.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Mommy Makeover: Tummy and Butt

+1
Although a Mommy Makeover typically involves the Tummy and Breasts It also can be any other combination.
You can certainly do a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and in fact harvest fat from the tummy including the extra part that would be discarded and use if for the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL).

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Staging mommy makeover and brazilian butt lift for recovery

+1
I would recommend having the mommy makeover and Brazilian butt lift as separate procedures. Most of the time we use fat to sculpt the buttocks in these procedures, which requires you to lay on your stomach or side during recovery, which isn't the best position if you're having breast and stomach surgery. Good luck.

Grant Stevens, MD

Multiple procedures

+1

When you say mommy makeover, I'm assuming you mean breast surgery and a tummy tuck.  I'd probably break your mommy makeover and BBL into two smaller procedures.  There are couple considerations for multiple procedures done at the same time.  Obviously, the safety should be our number one concern.  With several procedures, the operative time could be very long.  But it is very common to have your breast surgery and tummy tuck done in one setting.  However,  as operative time gets longer, complication rate (infection, bleeding) becomes higher.  In addition, your recovery will be tougher with so many surgeries all over your body.  Some patients may want multiple surgery in one session to avoid multiple recovery.  However, it will be best to limit surgery so that the operative time is less than 6-8 hours.

Sugene Kim, MD

Mommy Makeover and Brazilian Buttlift

+1

The mommy makeover typically entails breast augmentation and tummy tuck.  I would advise performing the liposuction of the abdomen, sides, and back with the fat transfer to the buttocks first.  Then return 3 to 6 months later and perform the tummy tuck and breast augmentation.  This will produce better results and will add a measure of safety.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian buttlift Los Angeles, CA

Mommy Makeover

+1

I like to have one done at a time so you can have a side to sleep on without pain.  You should not be laying on your butt lift if there is fat transferred so one side at a time.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover and Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

To be clear, a mommy makeover is generally considered to be any combination of breast augmentation or breast lift and abdominal liposuction, tummy tuck, or both.  Most patients undergoing a mommy makeover require a breast augmentation, often with a breast lift, and a tummy tuck.  These procedures alone are quite extensive and require up to five or six hours of surgery.

In my practice, I would not perform a Brazilian butt lift along with a breast augmentation/lift and tummy tuck.  These combined procedures would take upwards of eight hours of surgery and is a significant amount of surgery to perform in an outpatient setting.  Additionally, in most states, there is a maximum number of hours per surgery that can be performed in an outpatient setting.

However, I often perform a tummy tuck and Brazilian butt lift or breast augmentation and Brazilian butt lift during the same surgery.

Most importantly, be sure to choose a plastic surgeon that is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Mommy Makeover Specialist in Tampa, FL

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, FL

Jaime Perez, MD