How to Get Rid of Pannus(fannypack)?

I am 45, 3 kids, 2 C-sections,and Abdominal Hysterctmy. Dieting and excersizing(walking 4-8 miles 3-4 times a week/mixed jogging). I have lost 25lbs so far. Started at 186lbs, now 162lbs. My goal is 135-140, I am 5'5. I always had a fannypack/bellybutton roll/pannus. First stretch marks were from puberty not pregnancy. I want ME back at my original size6.(had bellyroll at that size too). How do I get rid of this belly fat finally w/diet and excersize? With no surgeries.

Surgery after weight loss

+1

A picture may be helpful in answering your question. You sound determined to reach your goals. It is difficult to predict what your result will be post-weight loss. Many of my weight loss patients reach their ideal weight but are left with loose skin that cannot be removed without surgery. You described stretchmarks, meaning that the quality of your skin is such that it may not be able to “bounce back” after weight loss. Surgery may be necessary.

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.

How to get rid of pannus?

+1

The treatment for excess weight is diet and exercise, which you are doing, and congratulations on your weight loss.  Continued wieight loss should get you closer to your goal.  The treatment for specific areas of excess fat that are resistant to diet and exercise is possibly liposuction contouring of these problem areas. The treatment for loose skin resulting from weight gain followed by weight loss is skin excision and tightening, and in the abdominal area this is a tummy tuck.  Of all of these options for treating different problems, only continued diet and exercise is non-surgical. There is no non-surgical option for removing loose skin.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

How to lose the abdominal roll and stretch marks

+1

After you reach your ideal weight, you can consider trying a serires of non-invasive techniques such as Zeltiq, which uses cold therapy to to freeze fat cells, but you will not get the results you will with abdominoplasty surgery.  Even if you do have a reduction in fat, it sounds like skin excess is also a problem - which responds best to a surgical excision.  Tummy tucks are very common procedures, have an excellent safety record, and patients are usually thrilled with the results!  Consultation with a plastic surgeon will help answer questions and make recommendations based on your body.

Michelle Spring, MD

How to remove pannus

+1

I doubt that diet and exercise will totally solve your problem.  It will help, but no  diet or exercise will remove excess skin that is commom after childbirth and weight gain and loss.  See a board certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

How to Get Rid of Pannus(fannypack)?

+1

As you can read all the experts recommend some form of a tummy tuck. But try additional weiight loss before to obtain a better result. 

High Lateral Tension Tummy Tuck

+1

Dieting and exercising can not get rid of localized fat nor can remove the skin that accompanies the roll of fat you are describing.  Most likely surgical intervention is the solution to your condition.  I recommend you look into the High Lateral Tension Tummy tuck with multivector muscle tightening.  This technique is ideal for those who have rolls of skin and bulging abdomen resulting from large weight gain and subsequent weight loss or from pregnancies. 

Ivan Thomas, MD (retired)

Getting Rid Of Pannus Without Surgery Probably Not Feasible

+1

Your desire to get your abdomen back to your pre-pregnancy state with only diet and exercise (and without surgery) is admirable but probably not possible.  Diet and exercise can certainly result in the loss of body fat, but they have no effect on excess skin or on stretch marks.  It is highly likely that you will require a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty to address your excess skin and stretch marks.  Continue with your diet and exercise as you try to reach your desired weight, but also consult with one or more BC plastic surgeons to explore all of your options.

John Whitt, MD

Weight loss and tummy tuck

+1

Many people want their old body back with weight loss and exercise.  It rarely happens that way.  With pregnancies and C-sections and stretch marks and a hanging panniculus the damage to the tissues is permanent and irreversible.  Surgical intervention is a good solution for a better and permanent result which can be quite remarkable.  Good luck with your exercise and weight loss.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Getting rid of the fannypack

+1

The only way to get rid of it is with a tummy tuck. After 3 children you nedd your muscles tightened (plication). Along with this you need the excess skin removed . Before doing anything you should try to get as close to a BMI of 25. A BMI Below 30 is acceptable.  This will be the best way to contour your torso.

Paul Albear, MD

Weight loss and tummy tuck

+1

I have to agree with the other posts- you are doing a great job and I encourage you to continue working your way down to your goal weight.  However, that skin will probably hang even more once you are there.  Think of it as a rubber band that has lost it's elasticity.  If you take a rubber band and stretch it out for years it will never bounce back to the original state.  A tummy tuck will take care of that for you.  It will flatten and contour your tummy skin and stretch mark removal as well as tightening of the abdominal muscles.  Good luck and good job so far!

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon