How to Get Rid of Moles On My Face that are Increasing In Numbers, and Have Very Oily Skin w/ Acne Scars? (photo)

I have moles on my face that are increasing in number with time. I also have a very oily skin with acne scars. Please help me get rid of all these ugly things on my face .

Removing Brown Moles on Face

+1

The lesions you refer to as moles are actually called dermatosis papulosa nigra and are benign skin growths commonly seen around the eyes and on the cheeks and neck of darker skin types.  They can easily and fairly painlessly be removed by any well-trained, board-certified dermatologist, In our office we typically electrodessicate (cauterize) them and then gently curette (scrape) them off which removes them very easily and successfully without leaving any permanent discoloration or scarring.  There are other good techniques which can be utilized as well, but all should be performed by a dermatologist. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/conditions.php?id=27

You have a beautiful face, so let's take this step by step (3 phases).

+1

Phase I:The little raised bumps are very common and are called dermatosis papulosa.They represent a commonly inherited condition and are thickenings of the upper layer of the skin, the epidermis. They can be treated by an experienced board certified dermatologist. You and your dermatologist should discuss the various treatments which are available for this condition, including but not limited to topical application by the doctor of TCA, electrodesiccation, or very precise individual shave excision. I prefer the later, in little stages, because it does not cause hyperpigmentation (darker spots) if properly performed. I recommend a test area (select 3 of them off to the side of the face) and allow the dermatologist to just treat 3 to make sure that you are satisfied with the doctor's skill..it should look flawless. Once you see how well this looks, you can decide how many you would like removed during future sessions with the doctor. When properly performed, the growths will not come back. However, you may get more as you get older. Incidentally, this is not an expensive procedure. Get an estimate before you start because many insurance companies do not cover this treatment.

Phase II: Treatment of the acne/oily skin/enlarged pores: We need to stop the inflammation first. I recommend topical ketoconazole gel (prescription) and a very mild glycolic cleanser. The probability of success with this regimen is 70%. If you are in the 30% of patients where this does not work, do not worry, there are other topical therapies. Once your acne is quiet, we are on to Phase III.

Phase III: Your dermatologist will recommend an extremely mild but effective prescription quality retinol. The correct retinol will normalize oil gland activity, pore size, and irregular pigmentation.

Estimated time to complete the three phases: 6 months (I know that seems long, but you have your whole life ahead of you, and we want you to be happy :) ! )

A comment about the scars...you will notice that they are actually very small..there is much hyperpigmentation, so I would recommend that you complete the first 3 phases and then decide if the scars are still bothering you. If they are, I would recommend treatment with the Fraxel SR 1500 (non-ablative, erbium laser), performed by a dermatologist with extensive experience treating skin of color. Phases I through III are not expensive, but Fraxel treatments are. I hope this helps you and I hope you have a very good day!

Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon