Rhinoplasty, Upper Blepharoplasty, and Brow Lift at the Same Time?

I am planning on getting a rhinoplasty done, and I also wanted to get an upper blepharoplasty done to correct the ptosis of my right eye and remove the extra skin on both eyes which make my eyes look smaller, droopy, and tired. I also wanted to get a brow lift to make my eyes look larger as my brows droop and make my eyes look smaller. Is it possible to do all of this at the same time? Is combining surgeries cheaper? On average, how much would this cost?

Combining surgeries .. more than one area treated at the same time...

+1

Generally, multiple surgeries can be performed if the operating  surgeon feels that, after consideration of the medical risks and benefits, it is safe.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Combining procedure

+1

The 3 procedures you mention can definitely be done at the same time and would be well tolerated.  the procedure would take about 3 hours.  Some surgeons may tell you not to do the brow lift and upper lids at the same time to avoid over correction, but I have done it many times without problems.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty, eyelid and browlift at same time

+1

It is perfectly OK to do all these at the same time. You'll save on facility fee. There might be some more swelling and bruising around the eye because of the nasal work. Some surgeons like to stage the eyelid and brow lift, the latter being done first and then when the brow settles you'll have a better idea how much to correct the lids. But, experienced PSs certainly will do both together.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty and browlift

+1

Without photos or a face to face physical examination it is impossible to say if you are a good candidate for any or all of those procedures. In general when indicated these procedures can all be done together in a healthy patient to save on total cost and combine recovery times. The caveat is your surgeon needs to plan and make adjustments in upper blepharoplasty skin removal because there is a danger of removing too much skin when combining this with a browlift.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Combining rhinoplasty with blepharoplasty and brow lift

+1

It is usually possible to combine rhinoplasty with eyelid and brow lift surgery. This provides the benefit of having just one recovery period. You'll also likely be able to save on some of the surgery fees as well.

Not all surgeons who do rhinoplasty also perform lid ptosis repair. Similarly, not all surgeons who do ptosis repair also do rhinoplasty. It should be possible to have more than one surgeon do your surgery during the same anesthetic.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Is combined eyelid and nose surgery okay?

+1

It is possible to combine brow/forehead lifting, eyelid surgery/blepharoplasty, and rhinoplasty.  The advantage of combined surgery is one overall recovery and usually less expensive than doing each separate.  Either one or two different surgeons can assist in the overall operation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and forehead lift done at same time.

+1

When I do a forehead lift I frequently will not need to do upper lids.  If you have true eyelid prosody this can be done at the same time.  The rhinoplasty is done at the same time.  Do not shop price-- shop quality of the work and choose a very experienced surgeon who produces natural work!

Meet with his live patients --not imagaging. 

Rhinoplasty with eyelid surgery and endoscopic browlift

+1

Combining rhinoplasty surgery with an endoscopic browlift does not pose any problems.  Upper eyelid surgery can be done with rhinoplasty surgery as well.  Lower eyelid surgery tends to be less ideal to do at the same time as rhinoplasty surgery because of the significant swelling that rhinoplasty can cause in the lower eyelids.  In your case, an examination is essential to determine what type of ptosis repair is indicated and if combining it with the other two procedures would be a good approach. RB

Ramin Behmand, MD

Combining Facial Cosmetic Procedures

+1

Dear SavyGirl,

Multiple facial cosmetic procedures (such as rhinoplasty, upper blepharoplasty, and brow lift) can generally be performed together if you are in good overall health.

In fact, combining procedures is the preferred option for many patients, rather than performing each procedure separately, as there is only a single recovery period (versus one for each procedure) and often some cost savings.

Prices vary depending on a number of factors including your condition, the individual provider, the costs of the facility and anesthesia, etc.

Please consult with an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD 

Larry Fan, MD

+1

As long as you're healthy, it is safe to undergo these procedures together. You will likely save on the facility and anesthesia costs and possibly the surgeon fee by combining procedures. Cost varies widely by region and surgeon but a typical charge for the combined procedures would be in the range of $12,000-18000. Choose the surgeon you want rather than the cheapest. If the combined procedure is too expensive you're better off waiting or prioritizing and choosing the procedures you most desire. Please don't seek a "bargain" as it can cost far more down the road in revision procedures. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon