Huge Nostrils? (photo)

I dont like my nostrils at all they are HUGE in person. I would like to see less of my nostril and more of my nose. I edited a picture of something i would like my nose to look like and what it currently looks like. also id like to have an idea on the cost. thanks

Nostril reduction can be assisted by non-surgical rhinoplasty

+2

First of all, nice work on the computer imaging!  The after nose does look very nice.  In addition to the nostrils, you've morphed the definition of the bridge and tip. 

• Often, individuals who don't like their nostril size would greatly benefit from dorsal augmentation and tip definition with non-surgical rhinoplasty.
  • Having a low bridge and poor tip definition can make the nostrils proportionally seem wider than they are. 
  • By placing fillers in the bridge and tip it improves the overall balance and shape of the nose. 
  • This may be combined with a surgical reduction as an in-office procedure.

I am attaching a link to an example with one of my patients.  Good luck finding information!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correcting nostril size...

+1

Nostril size is a common complaint amongst rhninoplasty patients. Large nostrils can be due to a variety of underlying issues. One occurs where the nostrils are actually a normal size but the reminder of the nose is out of proportion. Another occurs when the nostril flair is too wide which can sometimes be corrected by removal of some tissue at the base (where the nostril attaches to the lip). This can cause a visual scar however and needs to be approached cautiously. Only a full consultation assessing the entire nose can correctly diagnose the cause of this appearance in order to recommend an appropriate treatment plan.

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Reducing nostril size is possible with alarplasty

+1

It is certainly possible to undergo simple alarplasty surgery with local anesthesia, as this procedure would take approximately 30 minutes.  The reduction in the size of the nostrils is quite variable and is determined at the time of the consultation.  It is quite possible to come fairly close to the pictures that you present.

Changing the nasal tip with rhinoplasty surgery

+1

You have several options to correct and improve the appearance of your nasal tip.  Augmenting the nasal dorsum, reducing and reshaping the nasal tip as well as an alar base reduction would give your the shape that you are seeking.  There are several steps to a rhinoplasty and the exact method to correct your problem will require a physical examination.  

Alar base excision

+1

From your description and your photo shopped photos, it appears that you want to have an alar base reduction to improve the nostril appearance.  Fees will vary depending upon what else needs to be done.

Nostril narrowing

+1

Easy one! 

With rhinoplasty, nearly all of the time, the surgery needed is more than the patient thinks might be.  This is because aesthetically, every part of the nose affects every other part, so changing one part creates visual changes in other parts.

In your case it looks like the alar base or nostril reduction you feel is needed is really all you do need! If this turns out to be correct, the recovery is fast, and the surgery not of a major nature.

As others have said here though, be sure it's all you want to change.  And see a rhinoplasty surgeon, and understand the required scar position particularly.

All the best.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Reduction of Huge Nostrils/Nostril Flaring

+1

Nostril narrowing could make a significant improvement in their size, the key being good placement of the incisions to limit scarring. This could be done with or without nasal tip refinement. Your computer imaging goals are very helpful and show realistic results.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Nostrils wide

+1

Rhinoplasty with nostril reduction and tip shaping should get you close to what you are looking for. From the photo you imaged it appears you may also need some bridge augmentation. All of these goals should be discussed at your consultation. Computer imaging will help you refine what you are looking for.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril Reduction

+1

Hello. Nostril reduction is a relatively common technique for the rhinoplasty surgeon. I agree that you must pick out a plastic surgeon that has expertise with this operation and understands the differences between the many anatomic variations of nostril anatomy. That way he or she will be able to give you the result you are looking for. The cost will vary depending on a host of factors, but typically in our practice ranges between 4 and 7 thousand. Good luck.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

Nostrils in African American Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi

You can have your nostrils narrowed with a intranasal narrowing technique. Make sure you choose a surgeon with experience in African American Rhinoplasty, nostrils are unforgiving. See link below for more details

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS