Normal for Whole Face to Swell After Rhinoplasty?

My daughter had Rhinoplasty 2 days ago. Her whole face is swelled, eyes, cheeks forhead lips. Is this normal?

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+1
Generally speaking, it can take 6 to 12 months to completely heal after surgery. Please keep in touch with your surgeon or his/her clinical team to discuss your ongoing concerns.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling of Entire Face after Rhinoplasty

+1

The severity and duration will vary after rhinoplasty surgery, but in 35 years I've never seen the entire face swell as you have described. My biggest concern is an allergic reaction. Report this to your surgeon as soon as possible.

Rhinoplasty healing

+1

Yes, you can have extensive swelling and black and blue after nasal surgery. It really depends on the patient themselves but also how the bones are broken, whether the turbinates are removed and whether the inferior nasal spine is removed. The swelling is usually the worse several days after a surgery and then subsides.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and swelling

+1

Swelling is normal after a rhinoplasty.  It usually gets worse during the first few days and then gradually dissipates.

Facial swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

This is very common particularly after prolonged surgical procedures. However, you should contact your surgeon to make sure it is not an allergic reaction. If it should rapidly progress you should go immediately to the emergency room or call 911