Bulge After Rhinoplasty a Deviated Septum?

Could you please give me your opinion whether you think I have a deviated septum. Since my rhinoplasty surgery this bulge has appeared on the inside of one of my nostril. I broke my nose and during the rhinoplasty I had my nose straightened.

Rhinoplasty, Nose reduction

+1

It is difficult to say from your photo but it could just be scar tissue from the incision that was used to do your surgery. It would be unlikely that you would have a deviated septum after a nose surgery if you did not have it prior to this.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Bulge after Rhinoplasty

+1

The "bulge" you see is probably the end of your septum. If the overlying tip is crooked or you have problems with your breathing, this deviated septum can be repositioned.

Nasal Septum after surgery

+1

The bulge you see is most likely the caudal end of the nasal septum that is sitting in the left airway. This can usually be resected if it is a problem.

Bulge of Nasal Septum After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It looks like there may be a bit of your caudal septum in the floor of your left nostril.  If it bothers you cosmetically or if you are having difficulty breathing because of it, you should speak with your rhinoplasty surgeon regarding possible revision.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Deviated Septum After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Yes it appears that your septum is slightly off to the left side. If it is very noticeable or you have trouble breathing, you should have it fixed. Talk to the surgeon that did your rhinoplasty.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

The bulge into one nostril is a deviation of the septum

+1

In the best of nasal airways, the septum which divides one nasal passage from the other is straight with equal airflow on each side. Most septal deviations are high up in the nose and are not easily seen, however the lowest edge of the septum, what we call the caudal end, when deviated will protrude and cause a bump into the nostril and can be visible. This edge is best seem from the 'worm's eye' view looking from the bottom of the nose upward. Have your surgeon take a look with you.

peterejohnsonmd

Without looking inside, can't tell

+1

From what I can gather you had a broken nose and had it fixed with a rhinoplasty.  There may be a deviated septum inside but I could tell without looking inside.  The end of the septum may be deflected out of the groove it belongs in but this does not mean there is a deviated septum blocking your airway.  If you are having difficulties in breathing through your nose you may have a septal deviation and should return to your plastic surgeon to have it checked out.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Deviated septum versus thickened Incision

+1

You probably have a deviated septum that was not completely repaired. However, if they made your access incision for the septum on that side, it will be a little thick for the next few months.

Incisions for closed rhinoplasty are also very similar to those made for septal surgery, so it is possible that fullness may occur at the base of the septum, even after a cosmetic rhinoplasty.

It depends when your surgery was. If it was in the last 3-4 months, then I would wait and see if it settles down a bit. If not, then you may need a little shave revision to the bottom of your septum.

Best of luck

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulge in left nostril due to deviated septum.

+1

If you can feel it on the left and not on the right, it probably is. The photo is not straight on. See your surgeon and this is a minor procedure to remove this.

Do I have a deviated septum?

+1

It is difficult to say as this is not a straight "worm's eye" view. It appears that your septum is deflected into your left nasal vestibule but this is not an accurate diagnosis.