How to Thicken Skin That Has Thinned After Rhinoplasty?

26 yr old male, had my first rhinoplasty when I was 20. It was a disaster and he took off way too much. The skin on the front part of my nose is very thin and sensitive now. I have oily skin on my nose so this has made my skin ridiculously oily and I need to know how to thicken it.

Nose surgery-thin skin

+1

Unfortunately, it is easier to thin the skin than thicken it but different filler materials could be used as well as possibly fat injections. Other material could be implanted surgically like fascia, alloderm, cartilage. I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon for a further evaluation.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thin Skin after Rhinoplasty

+1

Thin skin is a difficult problem. Consultation with an experienced dermatologist or a plastic surgeon specializing in burn reconstruction may be beneficial. The use of fascia grafts, increasing the barrier between the skin and underlying nasal structures, should be considered.  Consultation with an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon is necessary.

Thickening skin after rhinoplasty.

+1

There is no good way to thicken the skin! You need to see an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon for the various methods used to give you back a good normal nose.

Oily and thin skin following nose job (rhinoplasty): how to thicken thin skin

+1

Thickening skin can be difficult to accomplish. You may want to consider the use of retinoids such as retin-a or other retinols in order to thicken the dermis and limite sebaceous (oil) gland activity.