Rhinoplasty Suggestions? Moves a Lot When I Talk, Causing the Tip to Droop? (photo)

I have been considering rhinoplasty for over 5 years. I find my nose moves a lot when I talk, causing the tip to droop giving me a hook nose effect. The tip has uneven & cartilage seems to dip in the middle, front view it is also crooked and the tip looks quite bulbous. Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated.

Open rhinoplasty to correct an uneven, irregular tip

+1

It is difficult to be specific without direct examination.  Most surgeons, however, prefer open rhinoplasty to correct an uneven, irregular tip. It appears your concerns could be addressed through a rhinoplasty with modification and reduction of the nasal tip cartilages, and elevation of the nasal tip by  reducing the length of the septum.

Definite Improvement with Rhinoplasty

+1

Your concerns are valid and can be solved well by skillfully performed Septo Rhinoplasty. Choose a surgeon whose results will appeal to your sense of aesthetics.  

Kris Conrad, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Prominent nasal spine corrected with rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi.

You look like a good candidate, and I agree with your assessment.  Movement can be decreased. Additionally, you have a protruding nasal spine at the base of your nose which makes it look like your upper lip is hanging from your nose.  This can be fixed.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Can Rhinoplasty Help My appearance?

+1

All your issues can be improved with nasal surgery, including the abnormal movement you notice, the width and uneven contour of the tip and the asymmetry. As in any other cosmetic surgery, perfection cannot be guaranteed but you could reasonably expect a very nice improvement in all areas. Just make sure you see someone with experience in Rhinoplasty so that you can improve the likelihood that you will be satisfied with your result. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Rhinoplasty Suggestions

+1

Let me clarify the causes of the things you don't like about your nose. The "hook" when talking is probably caused by a muscle at the base of your nose which can be cut. You do have asymmetry of your tip but without an examination I cannot tell if your nose is crooked. The "dip" is caused by separation of the 2 tip cartilages. Your nostrils are also asymmetrical and you have a hanging columella. You  have a minimal hump which can be reduced. All of this can be corrected with a rhinoplasty done by an experienced specialist who will refine your nose.

Rhinoplasty Suggestions? Moves a Lot When I Talk, Causing the Tip to Droop?

+1

The tip can certainly be refined and made less bulbous.  A muscle can be released to prevent the tip from drooping when talking and smiling.  The crooked nature to which you refer can be subtly improved and the dorsum can be refined as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA