Open Roof Deformity? (photo)

I'm 4 weeks post-op (open approach). I think to have an open roof deformity because the surgeon didn't perform the bridge is not so wide but it is quite flat. Is it possible that it will improve a bit over the time as the swelling goes down? If not, is it possible to correct the problem using a closed approach and without changing other parts of nose? My surgeon told me that my nose is very swollen, especially on the tip...but I'd like to have a second opinion. Thanks in advance!

Open Roof Deformity?

4 weeks after open rhinoplasty you are still swollen.  From the postop profile view you appear to have a smooth dorsal aesthetic line.  It is possible that osteomies could reduce the width of the upper third and improve your look.  This could be performed through a closed approach.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Collapsed middle vault after rhinoplasty can be corrected.

I think this what you have rather than an open roof.  There are dents on either side of the middle of your nose.  This may need to be corrected in a few months with cartilage grafts.  This is my opinion just based on your photos.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)