Open Roof Deformity? (photo)

I'm 4 weeks post-op (open approach). I think to have an open roof deformity because the surgeon didn't perform osteotomy...now the bridge is not so wide but it is quite flat. Is it possible that it will improve a bit over the time as the swelling goes down? If not, is it possible to correct the problem using a closed approach and without changing other parts of nose? My surgeon told me that my nose is very swollen, especially on the tip...but I'd like to have a second opinion. Thanks in advance!

Open Roof Deformity?

+2

4 weeks after open rhinoplasty you are still swollen.  From the postop profile view you appear to have a smooth dorsal aesthetic line.  It is possible that osteomies could reduce the width of the upper third and improve your look.  This could be performed through a closed approach.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Collapsed middle vault after rhinoplasty can be corrected.

+2

Hi.

I think this what you have rather than an open roof.  There are dents on either side of the middle of your nose.  This may need to be corrected in a few months with cartilage grafts.  This is my opinion just based on your photos.