Removing Cartilage from Tip to Make Nose Shorter?

I want to remove cartilage from the tip of my nose to shorten it. How complex is this and what is the recovery and cost for something like this?

Surgery for shorter nose

+1

Removing cartilage from the tip to shorten the nose is considered rhinoplasty. In most cases removing cartilage from the tip is only a portion of a rhinoplasty. The nose will most certainly not be balanced appropriately if that is all that is performed. This is a typical rhinoplasty procedure, and the average cost is approximately $6,000. This price usually includes the operating room, anesthesia, and the physician’s fee for performing the surgery.

Tip rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi!

In general, shortening the nose can be done safely.  It may involve removing some cartilage and other steps,depending on the anatomy.  People go back to work in one week.

In Manhattan, we charge $5,000 for a tip rhynoplasty

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Rhinoplasty is never a simple procedure

+1

Each and every rhinoplasty must take into account all aspects of the nose. Yes, we often remove cartilage from the tip to shorten it. However, your definition of what needs to be "shortened" can be more complex than it seems. Removing cartilage can have consequence in the shape, position, length as well as angle of the tip of the nose. You should seek out a rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your desires to see what would give you the best result.

To quote one of my professors: "performing a rhinoplasty is easy, getting good results, however, may be difficult."

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Rhinoplasty?

+1

It sounds as if you are asking about having a Rhinoplasty. Certainly one of the options in this procedure is to make the nose shorter. While cartilage may be removed there are other ways in which we shorten a nose. As is often stated it is not how much cartilage that is removed but what we leave behind that determines the structure and function of your nose and ultimately the appearance. Be sure you see a very very experienced surgeon as this is an area where experience really matters!

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon