Rhinoplasty to Get Marilyn Monroe's Nose?

I've been interested in Rhinoplasty for a long time, and I'm finally going to go for it! I really like small cute noses, like Marilyn Monroe's.

I've attached pictures of my nose facing front and profile, and some noses I admire. Is this possible?

You cannot get Marilyn Monroe's nose with Rhinoplasty

+2

Sorry, you cannot get Marilyn Monroe’s nose or her other features! Under the best circumstances, and in the best hands, you can have the contour of your nose improved, refined and made more delicate. Perhaps, you will achieve the contour of the nose that you desire. Nevertheless, every nose is different and every facial appearance is different. It is important to tailor the structure of the nose to the other facial features in order to have an appropriate aesthetic balance and outcome.

Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Marylin Monroe andher nose

+1

The hardest thing a plastic surgeon has to deal with is a person wanting a specific result like a well-known star. Angelinia Jolie's lips, for instance, are perhaps the prototype of this type of request which I think are distinct but neither aesthetic or attractive.

The role of a palstic surgeon, in my view and my philosophy, is to untap your own inner beauty. Sometimes, and that is important to note, sometimes we do that through surgery, but the main way we do that is through talking, conversation, and the patient-physician relationship that is built through honesty and trust.

We certainly say things that people don't want to hear, but that's our job because when we don't and simply cater to what the patient wants and pays for, we end up with tabloid stories of the Octamom and such, which really hurt what those among us who care about our patients and speciality and trying to achieve.

That being said, I just love Marilyn Monroe, and she really represents one of  the iconic symbols of womanhood of America.  She was also very cursed and doomed by her beauty, as it didn't always allow her to express how funny, smart, and talented she really was. Some like it Hot was just a classic, classic movie with Tony Curtis, and I love her in that movie!

Srdjan Ostric, MD

Duplicating Marilyn Monroe's Nose

+1

At consutation patients frequently bring pictures of noses they like. However, all noses are different ,and therefore it is almost impossible to achieve the exact appearance. The pictures are a good starting point in the discussion of what can be done.

Good to have pictures of what you desire from rhinoplasty

+1

It is nice to have aesthetic ideas and goals regarding a rhinoplasty. The important thing to remember when undergoing and embarking on the rhinoplasty procedure is that the surgeon must utilize the patient’s own pre-existing bone cartilages (upper and lower cartilages) and skin to reshape the nose. It is very hard to give a certain celebrity style nose and could be impossible to perform with the preexisting skeletal cartilaginous framework of the nose. It is important to consult with a physician who is very knowledgeable in rhinoplasty surgeries and has done thousands of rhinoplasties. It is also important to have good communication, look at many of the before-and-after results, and try to undergo computer imaging to get a good idea of what the expected final outcome would be.

Getting Norma Jean Baker's Nose

+1

There was nothing magical about Norma Jean Baker's (Marilyn Monroe's) 1946 nose job. She appears to have had a minor reduction of the dorsum, refinement of a minor bulbous tip and in-fracturing and narrowing of the nose.

In your case, you appear to have : a slight C-septal deviation to the left, a high nasal dorsum, a bulbous tip and an overly projecting tip with too much columellar show.

All of this can be made better by a good nose surgeon BUT you cannot have another person's nose. You can have a better version of your nose.

Dr. P. Aldea

Marilyn Monroe and your nose

+1

You should understand that Marilyn Monroe's nose is her nose. Your nose is yours. Several maneuvers can be done during surgery to change the tip, the dorsum, and the upper bones. Will you have Marilyn's (or any other star's) nose? Probably no. Can your nose be refined with certain concepts in mind? Yes. You should have some idea of your desires to explain to your surgeon. However, you should not expect a picture perfect resemblance to anybody.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Celebrity rhinoplasty is only a guide.

+1

I like my patients to bring in photos of the noses they like as it serves as a guide only. I tell them that they will not look like the celebrity but will have a more attractive nose.