Is This My Final Result 8 Weeks Post-Op?

hi i had rhinoplasty done 8weeks ago ,and i HATE what the surgeon has done to me. the nose is not straight one nostril is obviously bigger and higher and different size to the other and the nose is too upturned which makes it look piggy like and the nostrils show too much. my surgeon keeps saying its swelling but i dont believe him i think he messed up

Is this the final result 8 weeks after Rhinoplasty?

+2

No, the final result after a Rhinoplasty won't be visible for at least 4-6 months, longer if the Rhinoplasty broke bones and used grafts of some kind.  Photos would help and if you don't like the way the nose looks at 4-5 months go back to your Rhinoplasty surgeon and have that discussion.  Failing that, you can have a few consults with experienced Rhinoplasty surgeons about your options moving forward.

Healing Time after Rhinoplasty

+1

At 8 weeks after a rhinoplasty you still have a lot of healing time until the final shape of your nose is revealed. It is not unusual for patients to dislike their noses for the first few weeks after rhinoplasty due to swelling and other features of the nose that will change over time. It also depends if you had a closed or open rhinoplasty because an open approach to rhinoplasty will have a longer healing time than a closed approach. Don’t judge your surgeon or your nose until the nose has healed completely. This may take up to six months after a primary rhinoplasty. The upturned nose generally improves with time. The uneven nostrils may also improve with time and it is not unusual for other asymmetries to appear and disappear throughout the healing process. Hang in there.

Gary Motykie, MD

Rhinoplasty Results take At Least 1 Year

+1

Although it is possible that your dissatisfaction may not improve, the result you currently have will change over he course of 1 year.  I would advise that you wait it out, because changes (hopefully for the better) are inevitable at this point.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Intermediate rhinoplasty results

+1

At 8 weeks out, you are relatively close to the result of your initial procedure. The swelling will continue to improve over time and the tip can come down so that may also improve. Disparity to the nostrils might improve over time as well. That being said, you may need a revision to address those areas of concern but that should not take place until at least one year from your original surgery.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty 8 wk out

+1
I would give your nose a little time to heal. You won't see the final results until 3 or 4 months after surgery. I would definitely keep in close contact with your surgeon so he or she can support and guide you through the recovery period. If 4 months passes and you are still unhappy you could consider revision rhinoplasty to fix some of the problems you describe. Hang in there! Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Not 100% final but almost

+1

At only 8 weeks it is not 100% final, but is almost there.  If you are very unhappy then after you are finished healing (at least 1 year) you can consider a revision rhinoplasty.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Rhinoplasty healing

+1

At 2 months post op, I will say that you probably have 98% of the result you are going to have.  Swelling is there some at this point and this will gradually go away over next 12 months but basically, what you have at this point is 98% of what you are going to have 1 or 10 years later.

Revision rhinoplasty, if contemplated, should be performed 1 - 2 years later when complete healing has taken place.

Kun Z. Kim, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon