What Can I Do About Raccoon Eyes 2 Months Post-Nose Job?

I had a nose job to remove a small hump on my nose. the surgery was performed on june 11, 2011 and after one month of the surgery I still had the bruising under my both eyes. so the doctor suggested to use the under eye injection "lighteye" So I had they shoots but still the raccoon eye still persistent, the black color is not gone. I am really getting depressed about my look. even cosmetics can't cover it completely. please help!!!! :(

Raccoon eyes after rhinoplasty

+1

Most raccoon eyes resolve after 6-12 months.

How is your breathing?  Sinuses clear?  When the color fails to resolve after 6 months or more you might have what we call "congestive shiners" due to blockage of venous draining. A decongesting regimen may be needed. 

Raccoon eyes

+1

Prolonged discoloration from bruising after rhinoplasty is very frustrating. Try to keep your spirits up, it will eventually disappear.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dark circles

+1

The bruising from the procedure leaves hemosiderin pigment behind. The longest i have ever seen this last is six months.

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

Racoon eyes 2 months after Rhinoplasty, now what?

+1

Persistent tissue disoloration after Rhinoplasty is from hemosiderin prigment deposited in the skin from the post-op brusiing.  This typically disolves over time but in rare cases is permanent.  Go back to the Rhinoplasty surgeon for evaluation and treatment options.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com