What Can I Do About Raccoon Eyes 2 Months Post-Nose Job?

I had a nose job to remove a small hump on my nose. the surgery was performed on june 11, 2011 and after one month of the surgery I still had the bruising under my both eyes. so the doctor suggested to use the under eye injection "lighteye" So I had they shoots but still the raccoon eye still persistent, the black color is not gone. I am really getting depressed about my look. even cosmetics can't cover it completely. please help!!!! :(

Raccoon eyes after rhinoplasty

+1

Most raccoon eyes resolve after 6-12 months.

How is your breathing?  Sinuses clear?  When the color fails to resolve after 6 months or more you might have what we call "congestive shiners" due to blockage of venous draining. A decongesting regimen may be needed. 

Raccoon eyes

+1

Prolonged discoloration from bruising after rhinoplasty is very frustrating. Try to keep your spirits up, it will eventually disappear.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dark circles

+1

The bruising from the procedure leaves hemosiderin pigment behind. The longest i have ever seen this last is six months.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Racoon eyes 2 months after Rhinoplasty, now what?

+1

Persistent tissue disoloration after Rhinoplasty is from hemosiderin prigment deposited in the skin from the post-op brusiing.  This typically disolves over time but in rare cases is permanent.  Go back to the Rhinoplasty surgeon for evaluation and treatment options.