Is It Possible to Reverse the Effects of Skin Bleaching After Years of Using Bleaching Agents?

My face.

Possible to Reverse Effects of Skin Bleaching

+1

Thank you for your question. Bleaching agents are typically used for 3 months at a time and then a break is taken for another 3 months, sometimes longer under supervision of a physician. Typically once the cream is stopped the pigmentation returns to normal. It is advised to use a sunscreen with SPF 30 (preferably with zinc oxide) to protect your skin and prevent darkening or accentuation of lightened areas from the bleaching cream usage and be on a maintenance program.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist for the most effective and safe treatment options for you. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist