Is There a Way to Lighten Your Skin in a Subtle Way, Without Being Completely White?

I have medium brown skin, and I was just wondering if you can lighten your skin by 2 shades with something that doesn't require you to go to the dermatologist, like a peel or something like that. I'd rather use a cream or a soap. Any reccomendations?

Skin Lightening

+1

Thank you for your question. Sun avoidance and use of sunscreen with SPF 30 (preferably with zinc oxide) is the best way to prevent further darkening of your complexion. There are topical creams that can help to lighten your skin however you should be seen by a board certified dermatologist to obtain these for the safest and most effective treatment options.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Lightening skin

+1

No, you cannot lighten your skin just a shade or two with an over the counter cream or soap. You would need to see a dermatologist for a prescription medication like hydroquinone, which is only applied in small doses anyway. Full lightening of the skin a controlled shade or two is not possible.