How Soon Can I Use Retin-A on my Nose After Having Open Rhinoplasty and Nasal Tip Plasty?

Use of retinoids after nasal surgery

+1

Because of the irritation from scrub solutions, adhesives, taping, and possibly incisions, I would wait several weeks before resuming the Retin A treatments, it might also be prudent to start with every two to three day treatments; then gradually increasing the treatments.  I would also check with your nasal surgeon.

Retin-A after rhinoplasty

+1

Retin-A is safe after rhinoplasty though you might want to wait two to three weeks to let the skin sensitivity settle down. It will help as a mild exfoliant though you should use a sunscreen with it as well. Start two days a week at first and increase as your skin permits to avoid irritation or dryness.

peterejohnsonmd

Timing

+1

Unless you have a nasal skin issue, I think you can go ahead one week after your rhinoplasty. However you may want to stay away from the open rhinoplasty incision

David A. Bray, Sr., MD