Zeltiq - How Long to See Results on Arms?

I had coolsculpting on my arms Jan 26th. I have read that people can see results within 3 weeks. So far there has been nothing (I have been measuring my arms) and I am nervous that it is not working for me! Does it take longer for the arms to see results?

Arms may take longer and not respond as well as love handles with CoolSculpting by Zeltiq

+2

We don't yet have an arm applicator but if the fat pad is such that one of the current three applicators fits well enough than we have performed Zeltiq's CoolSculpting with good results. Newer applicators are forthcoming. There is quite a bit of gravity that makes the skin of the upper outer arm hang down and it may take months to see the tightening and new collagen deposition that will occur after CoolSculpting.

How fast for results after Coolsculpting?

+2

In most of my patients we are seeing results as early as 4 weeks. I would be patient and suggest that some people may not see the beginning of the change for 6-8 weeks.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Results

+1
Some patients can start noticing results as early as 4 weeks. It can vary depending the area and on the individual. Results can take up to 8-12 weeks, so just give it some time. Initially the area can be swollen as well, so the results won't be noticeable early on.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Zeltiq Results

+1

Thank you for your question. You may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after your treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But your body will still flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to four to six months after treatment.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Timing to see results

+1

Please be patient.  Yes, some patients do see results after 3-4 weeks but the average is 2-4 months to really see the results. 

CoolSculpting Results

+1

Brittney,  if it has only been 3 weeks, I would not be worried.   Most of our patients don't start to see results until 3 or 4 weeks after the procedure.  The first 2-3 weeks after treatment usually have a bit of swelling which is why you likely don't see results that early.  I suggest you be patient and wait.  You will continue to see improvements for 3-4 months after the treatment.

Grant Stevens, MD