Results of a Tummy Tuck After a Vertical C-section? (photo)

Hello I have 3 children ages 20, 16, 14 yrs old.I'm turning 40yrs old in 2wks and truly hate my tummy I'm dieting and exercising now to lose at least 10 lbs that I just gained in the last 2 months..I had 3 c-sections and my first one being an emergency the other two were just scheduled c-sections.I just want to know what would be the solution to this problem..I dislike my vertical scar!

A full tummy tuck is likely your best option.

+3

Thank you for your question and the photos.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

Vertical scar

+2

Based on what I see you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and I belive your whole scar could be resected so by all means see a plastic surgeon.Good luck.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck to remove vertical scar

+2

You are an excellent candidate for an abdominoplasty.  This results in a transverse incision and will remove your vertical scar.  Your resulting scar will be low, covered by underwear and excellent improvement over your vertical scar, which is high and visible.  If you are not planning any further pregnancies, I recommend the use of mesh reinforcement, which has been shown to help reduce weight and maintain the reduced weight.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

#TummyTuck options after a vertical scar

+2

From your photos, it looks like you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and this would largely correct the vertical scar. It is likely that you would still have some vertical scar, but it would be significantly better than your current situation. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Tummy tuck after vertical c-section

+1

You would have an excellent abdominal contour after a tummy tuck, and your vertical scar would be completely removed.  The resulting transverse scar should be located low on the tummy, just above the pubic area.

A tummy tuck is the best option, and from your photo I think you would be an excellent candidate.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Results of a Tummy Tuck After a Vertical C-section?

+1

A tummy tuck will remove the skin and scar and fat below the bellybutton and leave a long horizontal scar low enough to be hidden under panties.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Hello

+1

Without actually examining you it’s hard to give you accurate advice. From your picture its looks like you would be a great candidate for a full tummy tuck. That will remove a lot of skin and get rid of some of your vertical scar, not guaranteed to remove the entire scar.  Seeing a certified Plastic surgeon for a consultation would be your best bet.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS