How Soon Can I Repeat a Cosmelan Mask?

It has been a full month since the doctor had applied the mask on my face for over 10 hours. I am looking forward to see the optimal results with melasma therefore heading for a second procedure with cosmelan mask. Is it safe to continue with the second procedure after a month? Will my skin become more sensitive under the exposure of sun? Please let me know asap. Thanks

Treating Hyperpigmentation and Melasma

Melasma is a common disorder that is often difficult to treat. It isn't unusual for a patient to become frustrated after trying a variety of treatments in an attempt to obtain satisfactory results. Like most other complicated skin conditions, a combination of treatments paired with the proper skin regimen works best! Topical de-pigmenting agents such as hydroquinone or other melanin inhibitors along with a topical tretinoic acid to increase skin cell turnover, hastens the fading of uneven patches. This commitment along with specific medical-grade chemical peels, appropriate laser treatments and diligent protection , can enhance the likelihood of reducing or resolving melasma !

#melasma #chemicalpeels # unevenskincolor

3991 MacArthur Boulevard
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Cosmelan and Follow-up

Cosmelan MD is formulated for you to use 2/3 of the jar on the first visit and 1/3 of the jar on the remaining follow-up visit for your peel.  If you have had both peels then I would recommend you follow their protocol with topical creams and re-evaluate for the second set of peels in 6 to 8 weeks depending on your skin type.  Please find an experienced physician for the best cosmetic result.

Michele S. Green, MD

156 East 79th Street
New York, NY 10075

Cosmelan peel for pigmentation

I would continue with the topical treatments at home and schedule another peel within 6 to 8 weeks of your first cosmelan peel. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403