Cosmelan for Acne?

My dermatologist recommended this for me for my acne and acne scars. Is it really for acne? Because, I have no luck searching online about helping treat acne, instead its being used for acne scars, melasma, pigmentation and dark spots.

Cosmelan for Acne?

Cosmelan is great to use for lightening pigmentation on acne scarring or sun damage. It wouldnt help for any active acne you might have, I suggest having the acne in control before starting cosmelan. Always apply spf to the skin and never pick or pop the acne to prevent any future sun damage.

Best wishes

9700 Venice Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90232

Melarase AM and Melarase PM creams for discolored acne scars

Our office specializes in scar treatment in Los Angeles. Cosmelan and Melarase AM and Melarase PM creams are used to treat pigmentation associated with acne scars, but not acne itself.  

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403