Can Cosmelan 1 Be Applied at Home?

I would like to know if I can apply Cosmelan 1 by myself at home?

Using creams such as Melarase for melasma

+1

For patients who request a home maintenance plan for melasma, I begin with topical Melarase creams used twice daily to reduce hyperpigmentation. Raffy Karamanoukian MD

Can Cosmelan 1 Be Applied at Home

+1
  • Absolutely not! I do not reccomend this for home treatments, go to your provider and have this treatment done professionally, cosmelan is a great treatment to help get rid of pigmentation but it can also do damage if its not used correctly. Good Luck

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Cosmelan should be applied in a doctor's office

+1

Cosmelan is a system (using medicines) available only in a doctor's office. It should be applied by a trained professional. 

Later, the mask can be taken off at home by the patient, and the home creams can then be started.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Cosmelan is applied in a doctor's office

+1

The mask is applied at the Dr. Office and kept for about 4 hours then you wash it off and start the creams at home.