Is It Possible to Remove a Scar on Lip Completely

I have a scar on my lip which is small, white and slightly raised and i've had it ever since an accident when I was little, I was wondering what the procedure would be to have this removed and could it possibly be removed completely?? xox

Improving a lip scar can be performed with lip scar revision procedures.

Scars on the lips can be improved dramatically to improve the appearance of the skin and mucosa. I would begin with an examination and a plan for surgical scar revision.

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

Scar Removal

The words scar and completely are not compatible.  Minimize and improve are better words. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

360 Rose Ave
Danville, CA 94526

Lip scar revision

Scar revision can improve the appearance of the lip. Once the skin has been lacerated full thickness, scarring is permanent. It can be improved and marginalized but I would never tell a patient that a scar can be eradicated; you should seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to clarify your options.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

112-03 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

Options for treating an old lip scar

If you scar is widened in addition to being raised, scar revision involving excising and meticulously repairing the wound may be your best bet. Without a photo, however, this is conjecture.

Realize that a scar will never go away but may be able to be improved to be less conspicuous or inconspicuousl

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

10290 N 92nd St
Scottsdale, AZ 85258

Scar Revision for the Lip

Depending on your age, scar revision of the lip can be very sucessful. Older patients have the best result after removal of the scar. Scars can generally be improved, but it is rarely possible to make scarred skin appear completely normal. Treatment options include dermabrasion, laser resurfacing and injection with steroids. After a thorough examination, more specific recommendations are possible. In many cases, scar revision includes more than one treatment method, such as removal followed by laser resurfacing of the scar.

Temp Patterson, MD
Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

1338 Hiland Ave
Burley, ID 83318

Scar revision lip

Without examining you there is no way I can be specific, but scars can be managed several different ways depending on the specific findings.  Dermabrasion, lasers, injections, and excision of the scar and revision are possibilities.  Keep in mind it is not possible to completely remove a scar.  The goal is to improve the appearance of the scar so it is less noticeable.  Sometimes that is possible and other times it is not.  You will need to seek a consultation from a plastic surgeon who would offer an opinion.  Hope this was helpful.

Albert Dabbah, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

9970 Central Park Blvd.
Boca Raton, FL 33428