Can You Remove a Raised Mole on a Penis?

I have a raised black mole on my penis. Is it possible to be removed? Obviously I cannot post a picture, but it is a round, black mole raised like a small bump on the shaft of my penis.

A Combination Of Scalpel Sculpting And Dermaplaning Works Well For Removing Moles (Beauty Marks, Birth Marks) Anywhere

+1

Moles can be removed from anywhere on the body. Although removing moles by any method from the penis (as elsewhere on the body) is likely to leave a small scar, scalpel sculpting, which involves no deep cutting or stitches has, in my experience, proven quite successful for achieving gratifying aesthetic results while leaving little, or often barely perceptible, scars.

The technique, which I have been using for thirty years, involves "scultping the mole" off from the surrounding skin in a tangential fashion (i.e. not cutting deeply into the skin). Deep cutting will inevitably result in a scar, while superficial (horizontal) removal in this fashion largely avoids this.

Following scalpel sculpting, the borders of the mole can then be smoothed and blended with the surrounding normal skin by "dermaplaning," a technique by which the edge of the scalpel is used to delicately abrade the skin. Properly done, the entire procedure, performed under local anesthesia, takes no more than three to five minutes. Although this is not the case here, even perfectly flat moles (beauty marks, birth marks) can be elevated a tad with the local anesthetic and then more easily scalpel sculpted away and shaped to the contour of the surrounding skin. In most cases, the procedure is done at the time of the consultation. 

Understandingly, most men greet treatment of any kind in this highly sensitive area with a great deal of trepidation, especially voicing concerns over how painful the procedure will be to undergo. First, once the area is anesthetized with local anesthesia, there is absolutely no discomfort during and little or none afterward.

It is important to note that the two LEAST uncomfortable areas to anesthetize are the penis and the eyelids. This is because the degree of pain experienced when being injected with a local anesthetic relates in large measure to how much pressure the doctor needs to apply to the needles plunger in order to get the anesthesia into the skin. The very loose skin of the penis (and eyelids) offers little resistance to the entry of the anesthetic fluid and hence the injection in these purportedly sensitive areas is typically far less than if the anesthetic were injected into the thick, non-giving skin of the nose or forehead, for example. 

Moles anywhere on the body can be removed.

+1

Don't worry, you can get the mole on the penis removed very easily under local anesthesia and with minimal scarring. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole on the penis

+1

Moles can be removed quite easily from the penis, and without much pain, so don't worry about that! Many people are embarrassed about moles and bumps and things in any private area, but trust me when I say, we have seen it all, and it's always best to have something that seems abnormal, at least checked out by a dermatologist. And a biopsy done if needed.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Moles

+1

yes the mole can be removed, full surgical excision.....................................................