How to Remove Large Burn Scar on Butt? (photo)

I got burnt by a heater when I was a baby. And my left side of my butt cheek is burned and I'm 18 now. I want to know is there anywhere I can repair the burn mark because now my butt is uneven due to the burn mark. What type of surgery do I need ? & what kind of doctor do I need to discuss this issue with ?

Burn scar revision on the buttocks - Los Angeles

+1

Serial IIT, pulsed dye laser, and fractional resurfacing can improve the scar on your buttock from a previous burn. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Burn Scars and Correction

+1

This is a very large and very difficult scar to improve.  Surgery will do very little if anything for you and may just result in more scaring or scaring of a nature that is different but not better.   There are may Retin A - Hydroqiuinone cream preparations that may give you a more even surface pigmentation and blend in better.    After this cream is on and drys a silicone paste can be placed on top and left to dry   (Kelocote).   I think this may help a little.  You are probably best advised to see a seasoned and experienced dermatologist in your area who can further advise you.   I do not feel chemical peels or dermabrasion or laser will help much but it may a little.   This scar cannot be removed but it is very likely it can be made to look less obvious.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon