How to reduce swelling under the eyelid after restylane injection?

I had restylane injection under my eyelid , I've noticed that my eyes start swelling! I iced the area but still there was a little improvement in the swelling. Right now I am using Bioderma (Cicabio Arnica+) cream .... I want something to faster to reduce the swelling ....... Plz help :(

Swelling from Restylane

+1
If you are having swelling from Restylane injections I would ice the treated area and avoid any blood thinners like Motrin or Aspirin which can further cause bruising or swelling. I would also avoid saunas or any excessive heat for two weeks.  It should resolve slowly over the next two weeks and if you are concerned return to your treating physician for examination.

Puffy Lower Eyelids after Restylane

+1
The eyelid tissue is the thinnest on the entire body, because of this, swelling is commonly observed. To reduce swelling, I generally recommend limiting one's salt intake for three days before the treatment and for 1-2 days after the treatment. Avoiding aspirin, advil, etc for two weeks before the treatment will help to decrease bruising which can create swelling. 
If one encounters swelling after juvederm or restylane treatments, ice for 48 hours may help, followed by moist heat.
If swelling persists beyond 3 weeks, I would suggest following up with your doctor to see if the area would benefit from some hyaluronidase to dissolve some of the filler.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Swelling and bruising is very common after treating the tear troughs, you can continue using arnica and cold compresses but the most important thing is giving it time to heal 

This area tends to swell after injections and pressure is the best idea!

+1
While all areas tend to swell to some degree after injections, the eye area is particularly susceptible to swelling.  When we do injections, I hold pressure on the area if I see any evidence of a bruise or swelling.  This really does help a bit. 
For now, I would rely on antihistamines and you will probably have to wait it out.  In the future, you should also avoid any bending over or straining within hours of injections and definitely avoid workouts for a day or so!  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

Restylane for lower eyelids

+1
Swelling after a liquid eyelift with restylane is common, especially in the morining for several days. If this causes   concern, lasts past the morning, or lingers more than a week, best to  follow up with your doctor.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Restylane under eyes

+1
Swelling can persist for up to two weeks after Restylane injections. I am unsure when you had the injections done, but if it's not been that long, you need to give it some time. Your body will heal at its own rate. Arnica, a topical or oral herbal supplement available at health food stores, can help alleviate swelling. So will avoiding salt, not pressing on it, and avoiding aspirin.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Swelling after Restylane

+1
if it has been within a few days or even 4-5 days I I imagine it will continue to go down.

avoid salt and alcohol
Continue using the Bioderma
You could consider steroids but this would probably be too much and is not a 0 risk treatment
Call your doctor and have them look at it

Restylane in the tear trough under the eyes is associated with more noticeable swelling in the beginning.  Give it time and call your Dr.

Chase Lay, MD
double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon