Is Belotero BALANCE or Restylane better for tear trough?

I was recommended to get Belotero BALANCE for tear trough. Is it any better or worse than Restylane?

Belotero verus Restylane for Tear Trough area under Eyes

+1
I have used both Belotero and Restylane for the delicate areas under the eyes with good results but I generally prefer Belotero for most patients.  Belotero is a thinner hyaluronic acid and runs less risk of over-filling the area or lumps.  Belotero also does not produce the Tyndall effect when injected leaving a bluish tint.  As with all cosmetic procedures it is most important to find a board certified Dermatologist with a lot of experience in injections and cosmetics for the best results.

Best Solution for Tear Troug: Belotero or Restylane?

+1
Each are for different circumstances. Restylane is more for deeper injections in the tear trough, while Belotero is better for more superficial injections for people who have thin skin. A consultation with a facial rejuvenation expert will help determine which is the best fit for your individual needs.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Teartrough

+1
I like both. My preference is diluting Restylane 1 to 3 with saline for the area. I choose Restylane because it is the most commonly used filler in the world, and in my mind safer.

Omeed Memar, MD, PhD
Chicago Dermatologist

+1
Both are very great fillers to use around the eyes, I prefer Restylane for tear troughs and Belotero for fine lines 

Filler for tear trough

+1
Both fillers are great for tear trough area. However, belotero does not absorb as much water as restylane, therefore causing less swelling and longevity.   

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Belotero and Restylane are both good for tear trough filling

+1
I like both Restylane and Belotero for the tear troughs, but for a person who is continually noting intermittent lower eyelid bags of puffiness from swelling, the Belotero may be better than Restylane as Restylane absorbs more water and may exacerbate the swelling. If both are injected underneath the muscle and above the bone, then they are similar, but Restylane could leave more of a bluish coloration of the skin if injected close to the surface. The longevity of Restylane might be slightly greater than Belotero but in the tear trough I have found them to be comparable.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Tear trough injection

+1
Both Belotero and Restylane are excellent fillers for the tear trough. Belotero, however, may have an advantage because it's physical properties decrease the Tyndall effect (blue hue that may occur with superficial injection and thin skin). 

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Both Belotero and Restylane can be used for the tear troughs...Restylane will last longer I suspect

+1
You've chosen the 2 fillers I use for the tear trough.  I mainly use Restylane but have used Belotero for people who could not tolerate much swelling afterwards.  Belotero absorbs less water and therefore has less swelling afterwards but this decreases it longevity as well.  Most important is that blunt cannulas are used to decrease the bruising, swelling, and risks.  See video.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon.  Destin, Florida.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Belotero or Restylane for tear trough deformity

+1
I have used both with equal success. Some of the HA fillers are more hydrophilic (attract water) than others, for example Juvederm and Restylane. This quality may cause a fluctuating swelling/fullness in the tear troughs since the skin there is very thin and sensitive; Belotero supposedly does not attract water and as such should not cause this problem- but it does not last as long as other HA fillers. So, to answer your question both Belotero and Restylane are suitable choices but there are caveats to each. 

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Fillers for Tear Troughs

+1
I usually use Restylane but Belotero could be used as well for the tear troughs.  The proper injection depth and technique is very important in the tear troughs.  The only filler I would use in the tear troughs is a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane.

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon