Is it possible to reduce my Nasolabial angle? (photo)

My dorsal hump aside, is there any method to reduce my nasolabial angle? perhaps trimming the hanging columella or shaving the nasal spine?. I've had a consultation and the surgeon said he didn't think he could help. I'm devastated. The protruding philtrum area is fleshy and can be pushed back when pressure applied with a finger etc.

Is it possible to reduce my Nasolabial angle?

+2
The spine and caudal septum contribute to this and can be reduced.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty candidate for nasolabial angle

+2

It is possible change the nasal labial angle but only a minimal difference. Shaving the bony hump will give more of a difference. A columellar- plasty  can help reduce the prominent columella. For many examples of a columellar-plasty please see  the link below

Nasolabial Angle Reduction in Rhinoplasty

+2

Reduction of your nasolabial angle can be done and what you have imaged is not an unrealistic outcome from doing it. This is the result of your anterior nasal spine and lower edge of the caudal septum and/or a hanging columella. A physical exam can make that determination. Either way your nasolabial angle can be reduced as part of your rhinoplasty procedure.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Nasal angle

+1
The short answer is yes the angle can be changed in either direction but obviously with different techniques. I not uncommonly operate on patients who have had surgery done elsewhere and have had there noses turned up too much and would benefit from shortening. Find another PS or surgeons in your area who would feel comfortable doing the usrgery you desire and ask to see photos of similar patients Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
There are several ways to increase or reduce the nasolabial angle.This is relatively straightforward in experienced hands.You also have a small retruded chin that may benefit from being addressed at the same surgery.

Jay M. Pensler, MD