7 weeks post op of Rhinoplasty, I have uneven on one side and swelling not going down. Is this normal?

I had a rhinoplasty and septoplasty 7 weeks post op my left side of the bridge is a lot bigger then the right could something have moved or is this swelling. My swelling of my nose is not going down its been the same since surgery is this normal?

Asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1
You are very early in your post op recovery...
i am sure your surgeon informed you that it takes a full year or more for the result to be final...
be patient, talk to your surgeon...
best of luck to you.

Re: 7 weeks post op of Rhinoplasty, I have uneven on one side and swelling not going down...

+1

Thanks for your question.

At seven weeks your are in the very early phases of tissue healing.  As the healing process progresses over the next several months (usually by 7 to 9 months) you, and your surgeon, will be better able to assess your concerns.

Thank you,

S.P. Maggi, MD, FACS
Austin Plastic Surgery Center

Sergio P. Maggi, MD

+1
It is always difficult to assess the final result so early in the healing process.

+1
It is difficult to give you an opinion without the standard photographs. Generally speaking, rhinoplasty is a year long recovery. It takes that long to appreciate your final result. 
Meanwhile, I recommend sharing your concerns with your plastic surgeon and adhering to your follow ups. 

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Asymmetry of the nose seven weeks after a rhinoplasty is not necessarily anything to worry about.

+1
It would be useful if you provided a photograph. In general however swelling will persist months after a rhinoplasty so there is no reason to panic At seven weeks.

Asymmetry

+1
Hard to say, especially without photos. It could be swelling, it could be bone still too far out compared to the other side. Keep your follow-up appointments with your surgeon so she/he can see the progress-or lack thereof- over the next few months.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD