Recovery Time: Septoplasty, Turbinectomy and Endoscopic Sinus Surgery at the Same Time?

I am having a septoplasty, turbinectomy and endoscopic sinus surgery performed at the same time. What is a realistic recovery period and what should I expect? I am also a runner and understand that I will not be able to run for two weeks after the surgery, does that also include other forms of cardio and exercise?

Nasal recovery

+1

Exercise after this procedure is to prevent a significant nose bleed.  Waiting about 2 weeks after surgery would include all activities which would significantly increase the heartrate and blood pressure.  One does continue to see improved results after these procedures for weeks to months.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septoplasty turbinectomy and endoscopic sinus surgery performed together

+1

It is very common place to perform those procedures together in our practice. Expect  2 weeks of down time from the surgery and probably an additional week of no strenuous exercises like running, to prevent a nose bleed. Please refer to the sinus surgery booklet we developed for patients undergoing  septoplasty and endoscopic sinus surgery

Time to recovery after Septoplasty, Turbinectomy, and FESS

+1
Some patients will be able to return to a sedentary job about 1 week following surgery. You should follow you surgeon's advice with regard to abstaining from any exercise for 2 weeks. Increasing your blood pressure and heart rate during the first 2 weeks after surgery will increase your risk of bleeding. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD