Would the Scar That Left on my Nasal Septum Influence the Shape of my External Nose?

After septoplasty, I found out there is a big scar left on my nasal septum, it is around the my left nostril. So will the shape of my external nose change cause of the scar?

Septoplasty scars do not affect the shape of the nose

+1
In some cases septoplasty scars may be visible at the opening of the nostrils, especially if the nostrils are somewhat retracted or flared. However, the scar itself does not change or affect the shape of the external nose. Thank you for sharing your concerns and question. Best wishes.

Septoplasty scar

+1

Your septoplasty - done inside your nose - requires an incision. This leaves an internal scar. This scar over the septum - the internal support cartilage of the nose - should not affect the outside appearance of your nose. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD