Recommended Pillow for Sitting After Brazilian Butt Lift?

Realizing that after the BBL surgery, I would not be able to sit for approx. 2-3 weeks, is it possible to use a boppy pillow for a quick 5 minute ride in the car one week post-opt? Is there any pillow that BBL Doctors are recommending to allow you to sit for 5 to 10 minutes a day or is any type of sitting entirely off limits for 2-3 weeks? Thank you

An inflatable pillow could be helpful...

When patients undergo brazilian butt lift surgery, it’s important that they avoid sitting or lying on their buttocks for prolonged periods of time.This practice should be continued for at least two to three weeks following surgery.It take time for transplanted fat cells to re-establish blood supply.In the first two weeks following surgery, these fat cells are very fragile and susceptible to pressure which can cause cell death.
During this period we encourage patients to avoid sitting, but if it’s absolutely necessary an inflatable pillow can be utilized.This device distributes pressure evenly and minimizes the potential for cell damage.When these steps are taken, the potential for cell death appears to be minimized and surgical results are optimized.

In my practice it's OK to sit on your butt for a few minutes in the first week. Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS

Sitting after Brazilian Butt enhancement

A doughnut soft pillow is ideal.

Most important is the Butt Garment to be worn immediately after the surgery. The doughnut pillow, and try to sit on your thighs than the buttocks

Recommended Pillow for Sitting After Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question. I would not recommend prolonged sitting for at least 2 weeks after surgery. 5 minute rides are fine,  My patients use the boppy pillow/booty buddy for 2-3 weeks. Sit upright when going to the bathroom. Review with your Surgeons your post op instructions and follow his recommendations. Best wishes

Recommend Pillow for sitting after Brazilian Butt Lift?

Postoperative strategies after Brazilian butt lift are very important. The specialized garment is involved that avoids too much pressure on the transferred fat. Also sitting on your upper thighs and avoiding direct pressure on the buttock helps. There are special cutout pillows in the shape of a donut that are comfortable and help as well.

The BBL Pillow

The Brazilian Butt Lift utilizes your own natural fat for the augmentation. One of the keys of the fat transfer is that it is incorporated and becomes your fat just in a better place!

The key is how do we maximize the amount of fat that is going “take” or survive for the augmentation. One of the things that can help increase the amount of fat that stays after the transfer is preventing any trauma to the buttock area, that includes sitting. The pressure of sitting can be harmful to the fat for the first couple of weeks after the transfer.

I typically have patients avoid sitting for two weeks after the surgery. They can walk and sleep on their belly, just no sitting. After the first two weeks they can sit for an hour with a 10 minute break in between sitting sessions. After six weeks they can return to all of their normal routines.

There are special pillows that patients can purchase that avoids any pressure on the buttock in the post-operative period so that they can sit at work and still protect their fat transfer procedure. One of my favorite pillows for patient is called the “BBL Pillow”. The key with these specialized pillows is that all of the weight is on the posterior thighs and not on the buttock. The buttock should be hanging off the end of the pillows.

I hope this helps, be sure to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Using a pillow after a Brazilian Butt lift

A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and then fat grafting to the gluteal region. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body. Like all surgeries, there is a recovery process after a Brazilian butt lift. In our practice, we ask that the patients do not place pressure onto the areas that have received the fat grafts. Specifically, we ask that the patient's sleep facedown or on their sides. We also provide patients with a special compression garment that applies pressure to all the areas that treated with liposuction but does not place pressure onto the areas with the fat grafts. During the recovery process we also recommend that patients use an inflatable donut air cushion when seated. This will help disperse the pressure onto this area and make sure that the fat grafts heal correctly.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Post-Op After BBL

There are no actual clinical studies comparing any method or time frame regarding the use of pillows and avoiding pressure on the buttocks after fat transfer. I believe that after approximately one week fat grafts are well fixated to their surrounding tissues and graft survival is usually determined within that first week. After that, probably doesn't make a difference. However, logic dictates trying to protect the area from repeated trauma early on as these tissues would still be more prone to that and therefore less survival.