Recommended Pillow for Sitting After Brazilian Butt Lift?

Realizing that after the BBL surgery, I would not be able to sit for approx. 2-3 weeks, is it possible to use a boppy pillow for a quick 5 minute ride in the car one week post-opt? Is there any pillow that BBL Doctors are recommending to allow you to sit for 5 to 10 minutes a day or is any type of sitting entirely off limits for 2-3 weeks? Thank you

An inflatable pillow could be helpful...

When patients undergo brazilian butt lift surgery, it’s important that they avoid sitting or lying on their buttocks for prolonged periods of time.This practice should be continued for at least two to three weeks following surgery.It take time for transplanted fat cells to re-establish blood supply.In the first two weeks following surgery, these fat cells are very fragile and susceptible to pressure which can cause cell death.
During this period we encourage patients to avoid sitting, but if it’s absolutely necessary an inflatable pillow can be utilized.This device distributes pressure evenly and minimizes the potential for cell damage.When these steps are taken, the potential for cell death appears to be minimized and surgical results are optimized.

Sitting after Brazilian Butt enhancement

A doughnut soft pillow is ideal.

Most important is the Butt Garment to be worn immediately after the surgery. The doughnut pillow, and try to sit on your thighs than the buttocks

In my practice it's OK to sit on your butt for a few minutes in the first week. Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS

Post-Op After BBL

There are no actual clinical studies comparing any method or time frame regarding the use of pillows and avoiding pressure on the buttocks after fat transfer. I believe that after approximately one week fat grafts are well fixated to their surrounding tissues and graft survival is usually determined within that first week. After that, probably doesn't make a difference. However, logic dictates trying to protect the area from repeated trauma early on as these tissues would still be more prone to that and therefore less survival.